Need Help With Restoring

DI4815162342

Reputable
May 15, 2015
I wanted to get the Pro version of windows 10; however, i do not have the Pro verison of windows 8.1. I made the mistake of googling a key to upgrade to windows 8.1 Pro. I found one, and my computer is now windows 8.1 Pro, not activated. I want to know if there is anyway to undo this mistake. If so, id greatly like to know. Is there anyway of getting back my old version?(My laptop came pre-installed with windows 8.1)

Solution
Reseting is your best bet. I always keep a full system image backup and regularly update it every two weeks. Many times have I came across needing a reset while not ready. The annoying and frustrating part was mostly due to all the programs I have bought over the years and did not want to reinstall. If you are yet to do the resetting process a good step would be to gather all your important Document and/or Files and back them up. I would next see which programs that I have actual spent cash on and ensure I can reinstall either via hard media or through the companies website. I have many programs that were not so easy to reinstall, because it required contacting customer service whether through phone or email trying to get a copy knowing...

DI4815162342

Reputable
May 15, 2015

Is it possible to move all of my data to an external hard drive, so i can keep all of my data?

DI4815162342

Reputable
May 15, 2015
thanks you for the solution. I would like to keep the thread open so, hopefully i can find an alternative that doesn't include resetting my computer. I would like to use it as a last resort.

Enrique Rodriguez

Honorable
Apr 14, 2013
Reseting is your best bet. I always keep a full system image backup and regularly update it every two weeks. Many times have I came across needing a reset while not ready. The annoying and frustrating part was mostly due to all the programs I have bought over the years and did not want to reinstall. If you are yet to do the resetting process a good step would be to gather all your important Document and/or Files and back them up. I would next see which programs that I have actual spent cash on and ensure I can reinstall either via hard media or through the companies website. I have many programs that were not so easy to reinstall, because it required contacting customer service whether through phone or email trying to get a copy knowing from the time of purchase there was a limited window of making the download of my purchase before it was no longer available. So saying that I would check on that and look for reciepts that may had included product keys or serial numbers that maybe needed if this maybe your case. If a link was sent to you via email I would download the program and back it up knowing you can execute it later. Hope this helps a bit.

Solution