Need help with rubber banding issue in gaming

bmost4395

Commendable
Jul 26, 2017
Hello, I recently noticed that I am having Rubber banding issue with Fortnite and PUBG. Now you may say thats normal for Pubg. But on the same network I'm playing with my Brother in-law who has a very smooth experience and sees my character just stop every 3 seconds which is how the "lag" Or rubber banding is acting every 3 seconds. Very consistent. I thought maybe it was my splitter in my room but it is not I directly connected my Cat7 directly to my pc no change. I've tried to find software that is using internet randomly. Chrome seemed to be the problem but after completely closing it and I mean I stopped all processes with chrome and still the same problem Him having a smooth connection and me rubber banding like crazy. We have gig internet service. I hit upto 900mps to 20mps upload.
I do not notice this in any other game like recently i have played Heroes & Generals with not issues and same with other online games.. Even Hunt: showdown.
Its not a frame loss issue i am always over 60 frames and have tried lowering the graphics settings(even tho i knew that would not be the problem but weirder things happen)
So I am at a loss here. I used to stream Pubg all the time no problem with the same cat7.
Now even when not streaming this happens.

Specs
GPU: GTX 1080 FE
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600x
MOBO: MSI X370 GAMING PRO CARBON
RAM: PNY anarchy 16gb

Solution
There are a number of internet speed sites that test jitter. This is a better test for games since games need extremely consistent latency or you get the lag. If you see packet loss will that also causes very large lag spikes in games.

If the test sites show no issues you have to start to suspect something not actually network related causing the issue.

You want to uninstall the silly intel "gaming lan" application if you installed it. This causes all kinds of strange issues if you have it misconfigured and is mostly marketing hype.

Your Cat 7 connects directly from your computer to what? Your brother-in-law ... you say he is on the same network, what and how does he connect?
Cat 7 cable is no better than Cat 5e for gigabit Ethernet and potentially worse if it is poorly made. Just because it is shiny, does not mean it's gold. Have you tried another cable (I actually doubt this is the issue, but it's easy to test).

My guess it is the Ethernet driver (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22283/Ethernet-Intel-Ethernet-Adapter-Complete-Driver-Pack?product=64404) or potentially the power plan your using (Windows search->choose a power plan->Ryzen balanced or high performance).

Let us know what you find out.

rich1051414

Honorable
Apr 8, 2013
This sounds like a bit of a quality of service issue. If the router does not have QoS setup, it won't use any logic in distributing the load across devices, and some of them might have favoritism applied to them out of sheer chance.

However, setting up QoS may be a bit of a hassle so first I would get a dedicated LAN card for your PC, one that has good reviews where ever you want to pick it up. Don't use wireless without QoS because the lan connections will nearly always get priority, which actually helps you if you have your gaming rigs on LAN.

The intel provided nic for the AMD chipset is notoriously bad. Mine doesn't have the issue you have, but it does crash every other day. Picking up a dedicated LAN card would be a good idea anyway.

There are a number of internet speed sites that test jitter. This is a better test for games since games need extremely consistent latency or you get the lag. If you see packet loss will that also causes very large lag spikes in games.

If the test sites show no issues you have to start to suspect something not actually network related causing the issue.

You want to uninstall the silly intel "gaming lan" application if you installed it. This causes all kinds of strange issues if you have it misconfigured and is mostly marketing hype.

Solution