Commendable
Aug 2, 2017
Specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER VENTUS OC
PSU: be quiet! Pure Power 11 600w
RAM: 16 Gigs HyperX FURY 3200 MHz DDR4
MOBO: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS AM4

So onto the "problem" 2 days i ago i received my prebuilt pc from a local pc shop and i noticed something strange as a new ryzen user.
The mobo has 8 pin cpu power socket and it only has 1 4pin cable connected to it im just wondering will it be enough? and the 4 pin is connected on the middle of the 8 pins.

And the main reason im asking because i dont really want to remove the cpu cable already in there because its really firmly in place and im afraid ill break the mobo

Solution
Might be able to get away with 4pin eps with 3600 but would rather 8 for reliablitlty. Your psu has 2x 12v P4 connectors = 8pins. Don't know why they only plugged half of the 8pin. The additional 4 isn't really required unless overclocking. But the 8 pin plug to left should be all connected. Rectify that if you can.

https://www.bequiet.com/en/powersupply/1535
ImageServer.php

VerTiG

Commendable
Aug 2, 2017
Might be able to get away with 4pin eps with 3600 but would rather 8 for reliablitlty. Your psu has 2x 12v P4 connectors = 8pins. Don't know why they only plugged half of the 8pin. The additional 4 isn't really required unless overclocking. But the 8 pin plug to left should be all connected. Rectify that if you can.

https://www.bequiet.com/en/powersupply/1535
ImageServer.php
Okay could you instruct me to safely remove the cable because it doesnt seem to budge?

VerTiG

Commendable
Aug 2, 2017
And what if i just left the 4 pin in to the middle of the 8 pin just for the time being is it going to be an issue or does it have to be on the left or the right side?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
They can be a bit tight and i get that you don't want to wreck anything but it will come out.

And what if i just left the 4 pin in to the middle of the 8 pin just for the time being is it going to be an issue or does it have to be on the left or the right side?

There's two eps plugs, 8 + 4. Half of the 8 pin (right side) is currently used, it should be ok, but id rather all 8 be connected. The +4 to the right of the 8pin doesn't need to be connected at all unless overclocking.