Need help with Screen Refresh rate.

Wile E Coyote

Reputable
Apr 24, 2014
I am getting kinda tired of this issue with online games.

Some of the online games will cause my Screen Refresh rate to switch from 60 Hertz to 75 hertz.And 75 hertz will cause issues with some stuff like Firefox watching TV online and what not.Is there any option to keep it from changing my Screen Refresh rate.

60 hertz works best for me.

It runs all games that i play on high or very high settings with out my FPS dropping.

The main game i am having trouble with Star Wars: The Old Republic since After the 1.2 patch it will make the Screen Refresh rate jump from 60 hertz to 75 on both of my screens.And it lags the game a lot.I normally run my system at 1280x1024 higher settings give my eyes pain to stare at.

Any help with this i would appreciate it.

I have all ready tried just about every fix i can think of.I even have Vsync turned off.

Solution
I think i might try this.

you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.

To change the monitor refresh rate using a registry value:

Click Start, click Run, type regedt32, and then click OK.
On the Windows menu, click HKEY_LOCAL_ MACHINE on Local Machine.
Double-click the

System\CurrentControlSet\HardwareProfiles\Current\System\CurrentControlSet\Services

folder. Double-click the folder for your video driver (for example, if you have a video display adapter that is based on the S3...

Wile E Coyote

Reputable
Apr 24, 2014
I think i might try this.

you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.

To change the monitor refresh rate using a registry value:

Click Start, click Run, type regedt32, and then click OK.
On the Windows menu, click HKEY_LOCAL_ MACHINE on Local Machine.
Double-click the

System\CurrentControlSet\HardwareProfiles\Current\System\CurrentControlSet\Services

folder. Double-click the folder for your video driver (for example, if you have a video display adapter that is based on the S3 chip set, double-click the S3 folder), and then click the Device0 folder.
If there is no DefaultSettings.Vrefresh value, go to step 5. If there is an existing DefaultSettings.Vrefresh value, double-click the value and then type a numerical setting (from the table below) that is supported by your monitor in the Data box, and then click OK. Go to step 7.
If the value does not exist, click Add Value on the Edit menu, type DefaultSettings.Vrefresh, click REG_DWORD in the Data Type box, and then click OK.
Type 3c in the Data box, click Hex, and then click OK.
Quit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS