Question Need help with signal issue

Xeno112

Commendable
Dec 23, 2019
I have trouble using my monitor with my pc my monitor and hdmi cable is fine cuz I tried it out with my switch but no matter what I do I can’t get my pc to display signal. After looking further into this I found out that I could be a gpu,ram, or psu issue I think, I just need some help figuring out what to do. I could bring it to a pc shop near me for like £35 and get it checked their but I want to try to do it on my own. I have a 1060 gpu and I currently use a hdmi cable to connect them, though I have tried to use different hdmi cables to no avail would maybe a DisplayPort to hdmi cable work? Asking for a friend because I am stumped on this one. PS i have 2x8gb ram sticks and have tried them in different slots and by them selves but nothing changed. Thanks in advance and sorry for the long paragraph.

Lutfij

Titan
We're going to need more information. Please include your system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Case:
Monitor:

If the build is old, mention the age. In order to rule out a faulty cable, use the same monitor and cable on a donor PC.

Xeno112

Commendable
Dec 23, 2019
We're going to need more information. Please include your system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Case:
Monitor:

If the build is old, mention the age. In order to rule out a faulty cable, use the same monitor and cable on a donor PC.
Fx8150
ASU’s dog crosshair v formula z
2x8gb 1600mhz ddr3 ram
1tb seagate hdd
Gtx1060 3gb
Tx850 bronze
Win10 64bit
I don’t know the name of the case.
LG 23MP75
It is a reasonable old system.
I have tested the cable and monitor and they are not at fault.