[SOLVED] Need help with small/compact but powerful Music WS/gaming rig

defectoband

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012
Hi Guys,

I'm planning to build a desktop which will be extensively used for music production. My current system still works, but bottlenecks very easily while using virtual instruments and chains of plugins in general.

I would prefer a smaller, compact build in order to make it easy to move around (which does happen more often than i care for atm).

The build i have in my mind is centered around the Lian-li mini PC-O11, but looking through parts it also seems like i will have to pay pretty high prices to get something (like a PSU) with enough power that fits in the case.
So, if i have to go up a size in terms of chassis to make everything more easy to work with, i don't mind doing that too much.

RGB is welcome!

Approximate Purchase Date: e.g.: The sooner the better

Budget Range: Theoretically up to 15000 DKK (2400 USD), but i would prefer to stay in the 10-12000 DKK (1600-1900 USD) range.
This is without a GPU though.

System Usage from Most to Least Important: music production using mainly Studio One 5, gaming down the line (whenever GPUs are available)

Are you buying a monitor: Already have one

Parts to Upgrade: Everything except GPU, keyboard/mouse and OS

Do you need to buy OS: No

Preferred Website(s) for Parts:

Parts Preferences: CPU needs to Intel due to integrated graphics, since i won't buy a GPU until the shortage has been remedied

Overclocking: Probably not

SLI or Crossfire: No GPU

Your Monitor Resolution: I have a Samsung CRG9 - resolution is 5120 x 1440

Additional Comments: Not planning on buying GPU due to the insane prices and general shortage, so the price of the system is without the GPU.

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: Old system is having a tough time keeping up with my sessions.

Ideas for parts:

CPU: Intel i9-10900K
Price: 3608,- DKK
https://www.pricerunner.dk/pl/40-52...ket-1200-Box-without-Cooler-Sammenlign-Priser

Motherboard: Not sure, but i want ATX. The motherboard should support a couple of NVME m.2 pcie 4.0 slots for more than one NVME drive.

Chassis: Lian-li PC-O11 Dynamic Mini Tempered Glass
Price: 844,- DKK
https://www.pricerunner.dk/pl/186-3...Dynamic-Mini-Tempered-Glass-Sammenlign-Priser

CPU COOLER: I would like a water cooling system with some RGB (i like the ones that display temps which running) but i am not sure if any will fit in the chassis.
If not, i was thinking something along the lines of a Noctua NH-D15.

Memory: I need min 32 GB of fast ram, and i would prefer two sticks (so 2x16 GB) rather than four. RGB!

PSU: This one is tricky. I need one that fits the case (unless you think i should go with a larger case), and that should be able to support a GPU if i add one down the line.
I am planning on getting a RTX 3070 when they become available and less pricey again. So i am thinking i need at least 750W?

Storage: Two Samsung 980 Pro, one for OS and one for music sessions
Price: 2 x 1488,- DKK
https://www.pricerunner.dk/pl/36-52...-Pro-Series-MZ-V8P1T0BW-1TB-Sammenlign-Priser

GPU: Will not buy now, but sometime later own the line i want to add a RTX 3070 or equivalent.

Thanks so much in advance!

Cheers,

TRENDING THREADS