[SOLVED] Need help with ssd m2 nvme, motherboard and video card.

Jan 9, 2020
Hi
I'd like to know if I could use a ssd m2 nvme on my motherboard and video card
Mobo msi b450 gaming pro carbon ac
Video card inno3d gtx 1660 ti twin x2
Ssd m2 nvme crucial 500gb p1
And a hdd toshiba 1tb
Sorry for my ignorance

Solution
It looks pretty good. You'll want to mount your NVME drive in the slot closest to the CPU to get PCIe Gen3 x4 support. You can start off with the stock AMD CPU cooler but you may want to upgrade it for better cooling. I can't check your ram kit for compatibilty without the exact model # but you can check the support page at MSI. The Riotoro 600 Builder PSU isn't the best quality for a gaming system and only comes with a 3 year warranty so don't plan on keeping it for a long time. The CM MB520 has ample room for your GPU and if you decide to get a better cooler the case allows for a max cooler height of 165mm. I made a PCpartpicker list for you for easy reference if you need it, just edit any parts I may not...
Hi
I'd like to know if I could use a ssd m2 nvme on my motherboard and video card
Mobo msi b450 gaming pro carbon ac
Video card inno3d gtx 1660 ti twin x2
Ssd m2 nvme crucial 500gb p1
And a hdd toshiba 1tb
Sorry for my ignorance
Those parts will work just fine with the specs you listed. SATA ports 5 & 6 are disabled when using the m.2_1 slot so be sure you don't plug the Toshiba drive into one of those ports. Consult your mobo manual if you have any questions. The Inno3D GPU requires a (6+2) 8-pin power connector so your power supply will need to support this and be around 500 watts from a reliable OEM.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2020
Thank you for your fast reply
This will be my first self assembled and I don't want to screw up.
Full spec
Mobo msi b450 gaming pro ac
Cpu amd ryzen 5 3600
Gpu inno3d gtx 1660 ti twin x2
Ram viper ddr4 2x8gb 3400
Ssd m2 nvme crucial p1 500gb
Hdd toshiba 1tb
Psu riotoro 600w
Case cooler master mb520
Do you think it's "good"/ will it work?
Again thank you for your help and patience.

It looks pretty good. You'll want to mount your NVME drive in the slot closest to the CPU to get PCIe Gen3 x4 support. You can start off with the stock AMD CPU cooler but you may want to upgrade it for better cooling. I can't check your ram kit for compatibilty without the exact model # but you can check the support page at MSI. The Riotoro 600 Builder PSU isn't the best quality for a gaming system and only comes with a 3 year warranty so don't plan on keeping it for a long time. The CM MB520 has ample room for your GPU and if you decide to get a better cooler the case allows for a max cooler height of 165mm. I made a PCpartpicker list for you for easy reference if you need it, just edit any parts I may not have gotten correct. There's a review right here at Tom's for your motherboard if you want to check it out. Cheers.

Solution

jon96789

Reputable
Aug 17, 2019
Be aware any SATA hard drives connected to the SATA port will add seven seconds to your boot time... i have five SATA hard drives and it increased my boot time from ~30 seconds to over a minute...