[SOLVED] need help with streaming pc

Ducko

Prominent
Dec 11, 2019
Hey there.
I was thinkijg about investing in a streaming pc due to my CPU being really bad for streaming (i7 9700k), dont get me wrong, cpu is amazing, but using mu GPU for encoding results in a lot of pixelization. This is not due to my internet, my upload is 20mb/s.

I have an old R7 240 and a 550W power supply and an 128gb ssd laying around, so I was thinking about using that gpu since ill be using my CPU for encoding.

I also dont wanna spend too much so this is what a came up with and found used:

CPU - Ryzen 5 1600 or 1600af
RAM - GSkill Aegis 16gb 3000Mhz
MB - MSI Tomahawk B350 (or something similar to this, maybe a 450 chipset, depends what I can find used)

Bottleneck calculator says that my bottleneck is 8%, but that is my main concern honestly..
Do you guys think that the GPU will slow my CPU, and make my stream look bad?

This investment would cost me around 150-200 euros, and im the worst case scenario, I will use this pc as a server.

Solution
dont ever look up at bottleneck calculator,its trash.
It legit said one time that r5 1600AF will bottleneck a 1050Ti,which is absurd. (if you are wondering 1600AF and 1050ti is a really good match,not even close to being considered a bottleneck,from both cpu and gpu).
I would suggest going for b450 chipset,just because its new,and has more features.You dont need a beafy b450 motherboard for 1600/af,you can even go with A320 if u dont wanna overclock it.You dont even need to worry about bottlenecks tbh,its not like it wont work together or something.I would say go for it
It legit said one time that r5 1600AF will bottleneck a 1050Ti,which is absurd. (if you are wondering 1600AF and 1050ti is a really good match,not even close to being considered a bottleneck,from both cpu and gpu).
I would suggest going for b450 chipset,just because its new,and has more features.You dont need a beafy b450 motherboard for 1600/af,you can even go with A320 if u dont wanna overclock it.You dont even need to worry about bottlenecks tbh,its not like it wont work together or something.I would say go for it

Solution

Ducko

Prominent
Dec 11, 2019

Thank you for the reply. I honestly wasn't intending on OC-ing it, since there would probably be little to no difference. Totally forgot about A320 chipset tho.

TRENDING THREADS