[SOLVED] Need help with system performance?

Apr 16, 2020
Specs:

Ryzen 3 2200G
RX 570 8GB
16GB 2400 (OC to 2600)
A320 mobo
600W EVGA 80+ White
1TB 7200RPM HHD

So for months now my system has been what I think is underpreforming, for example in, games like CSGO I will still get fps drops and stutter frequently. And this seems to happen with most games. If anyone has any sort of idea why I'd appreciate it if I could get some sort of help with my situation. Thanks!

Solution
Make sure mainboard has latest BIOS. and, OS-wise, that latest AMD chipset drivers, and AMD GPU drivers are loaded...

Hi Performance power plan selected within Windows Power Management?

Additionally, I'd check that CPU is adequately cooled, and exhibiting no signs of thermal throttling, as would be indicated in lower than expected clock speeds under an all-core loading such as in CPU-Z/bench/stress CPU

Last, but not least, was this a fresh install to an empty/quick formatted drive, or merely a 'reboot with newCPU and mainboard and hope the drivers sort themselves out'? :)
Make sure mainboard has latest BIOS. and, OS-wise, that latest AMD chipset drivers, and AMD GPU drivers are loaded...

Additionally, I'd check that CPU is adequately cooled, and exhibiting no signs of thermal throttling, as would be indicated in lower than expected clock speeds under an all-core loading such as in CPU-Z/bench/stress CPU

Last, but not least, was this a fresh install to an empty/quick formatted drive, or merely a 'reboot with newCPU and mainboard and hope the drivers sort themselves out'? :)

Solution
Apr 16, 2020

I'll answer your questions in chronological order, so first; I have installed all latest drivers for CPU and GPU and atm I do not have a USB stick to install the latest Bios on my mono. I have latest Win 10 update installed. And I do have high performance power plan already on...
But I do need to make sure my CPU isn't having temp problems because my cpu cooler does have a dodgy screw and could be loose but I've checked and it seems very secure and OK. I have CPUZ and Afterburner installed ready to benchmark and see. But I need help with how to actually use said programs to carry out the benchmarks ect.
And as for the Windows 10 installation. I installed the free version with the watermark from Google when I built my Pc.