Need help with Temperature related questions

Aditya657

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2015
Hello!
I have a HP Envy 14 J-007tx and it's specs are an Intel i5200u @ 2.20 GHz, 12 Gigs of Ram and a Nvidia GeForce GTX 950M. I've been playing games such as world of tanks, Armored warfare etc etc on medium or high settings and the thing is that my laptop seems to get hot(it feels kinda hot from the top near the power button but below the body it's reaallly hot)I've not checked my temps through core temp or something if it's advised i will do so and After let's say the laptop remains hot for like 30 mins ( maybe more or less I'm not sure) My FPS drops it does and my game starts lagging... I've tried switching my quality to low and It still happens... Is this really normal or should I do something about this cause the laptop was bought in November 2015. I will be grateful for your help. Thanks in advance

-Aditya

Aditya657

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2015

I checked that thing which you said but Since I'm in India it will cost me quite a bit to get the one you are suggesting here and that one is not available in Websites of here. I found this one(putting it in the end). Do you think it'll do the same job and keep my laptop cool while gaming and such and it says compatible with all 17 and smaller laptops so mine is 15.6 inches.. Will it be fine? Thanks for the reply.

http://www.flipkart.com/cooler-master-notepal-l1-cooling-pad/p/itmdyh7fzpggufdc?pid=ACCDYH7DHYZYDQMH&ref=L%3A-6185568681165306432&srno=p_1&query=Laptop+cooling+pad&otracker=from-search

Barney6262

Honorable
Oct 20, 2013
External laptop coolers will not help your laptop throttling. It just stops the bottom of the laptop being too hot for it to be placed on your legs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3zcat1-8D0

Your CPU is throttling because the internal cooling system is not able to cope with a CPU at 100% use. There is no easy fix for this, assuming the thermal paste isn't the issue.

Solutions:
Try asking for the Thermal paste to be re-applied.
Try replacing the laptop
Get a more gaming orientated laptop.

If non of these are an option I'm afraid you are out of luck.