Question Need help with the purchase of a new gaming laptop/PC

May 27, 2019
I am writing this post with a couple of questions. So a little bit of foreword: I travel a lot due to my job. I am only about half of the year at home , so I think that it won't be wise from my side to invest a big amount of money in a very powerful PC that will be used only half of it's technical lifetime. Whit that being said I am looking at around $1000-ish budget for a PC/Laptop that can provide me with a good gaming performance/experience. I live in Bulgaria( Eastern Europe) , so probably I do not have a Microcenter in my country.I am using a ASUS ROG S551JW ( NVIDIA GTX 960M ; Intel Core i7-4750HQ @ 2.00Hz ; 8GB RAM) , but I can feel that it is already near it's exploitation end period. So you can get what my current, gaming experience is like.I would prefer to buy a Laptop over a PC due to my job, but I am willing to go with the PC if there is no good Laptop alternative around my budget.

Main game played currently : Counter Strike : Global Offensive - max FPS : 120 ( All on Low Settings ( that is what makes you pro :D) ). I would love to have something like 200ish FPS. I know that on a 60Mhz Refresh Rate that will not do much since the Laptops in this price range do not currently offer 144 Refresh Rate monitors , but still I have seen newer laptops running 200+ fps and I like how it feels playing on them.

Sub-Games played while away from home : AC: IV ; Force Unleashed 1-2 etc. Mostly 3rd person action games. Would love Diablo III , but you know that "iNteRNeT cOnNecTioN iS maNdaTorY" thing that Blizzard hasn't removed yet :/ . But I do not get a high framefrate on them I struggle to get smooth 60fps on even medium setting and lowered Resolution : 1680x900.

Future Games in mind when looking for this PC/Laptop : WoW Classic / BfA (HYPE TRAIN CHOO CHOO) ( when at home) ; Far Cry , Fallout , Grim Dawn and other singleplayer games while I am away. I am aware that on laptops the FPS situation is a bit of a difficult thing to achieve but I will be very happy with a 60 fps gaming experience on Medium settings.

So I think I covered everything I can think of currently.Thanks to everybody who will take time to help me out! :)

An ASUS, MSI, Clevo or Sager with a 1660 Ti video card is about in your price range and should be a decent bump in speed, something like this https://www.xoticpc.com/asus-tuf-gaming-fx-tuf505du-eb74.html

What you can get in your area, well, depends on what's available in your area, look at your stores.

Although your system is plenty for your games, 960M is not a bad card for easy to play games like CSGO and it should handle WOW at medium at 1080.