[SOLVED] need help with thermal throttling issues

Mar 9, 2021
Hey!
So my laptop is MSI GF63 Thin 9RCX: https://www.msi.com/Laptop/GF63-Thin-9RCX/Specification

Specs are: Intel i5-9300H (2.4 GHz to 4.1GHz)
NVIDIA 1050Ti 4gb Max-Q
Samsung 8gb 2667MHz
Crucial P1 NVME M.2 SSD 500gb (boot drive)
Seagate 1tb HDD

Okay, so I've tried things like undervolting and playing around with such settings in MSI afterburner, Throttlestop & installed Intel XTU today. At first, keeping everything as it is I did a CPU stress test on XTU & right at the beginning itself I got the message of thermal throttling (pls see the images I've attached).
Even when I was using Throttlestop I used to get this PROCHOT 95° C indicator. I do see that my laptop CPU clock speed never reached 4GHz, it always hovers around 3.8 GHz.
Also, I got my SSD like a week back. so when I was installing it, because the laptop was already opened I decided to clean it as well so I took off the cooling fan system and along came out the top covers of CPU & GPU and I could see their thermal paste as well. I made sure I didn't let anything touch the thermal paste on either cover, cleaned the fan and vents, took out as much dirt as possible, & was able to put everything back together successfully. Unless I did something wrong and F'd my systems cooling or something.

Can someone tell me how to remove this thermal throttling barrier? how can I achieve at least 4GHz without burning my laptop to ashes?

System details: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1D5G5q9_qdqQGSlfH0j8P5jdocFGYadA7/view?usp=sharing
CPU Stress Test window: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZnSM5W_c3n7zvh_dmw73qG-VQVD-PxI1/view?usp=sharing

Let me know if you need any more screenshots or any other details..
Thanks a lot for your time & help in advance!!

Solution
I see many complaints about gaming laptops not performing well.
Usually gaming while plugged in.
One common cause is thermal throttling.
Laptop coolers must, of necessity be small and light.
They are also relatively underpowered.
If you run an app such as HWMonitor, you will get the current, minimum, and maximum cpu temperatures.
For intel processors, if you see a max of 100c. it means you have throttled.
The cpu will lower it's multiplier and power draw to protect itself
until the situation reverses.
What can you do?
First, see that your cooler airways are clear and that the cooler fan is spinning.

Try changing the windows power profile advanced functions to a max of 90% instead of the default of 100%
You may not notice the reduced...
I see many complaints about gaming laptops not performing well.
Usually gaming while plugged in.
One common cause is thermal throttling.
Laptop coolers must, of necessity be small and light.
They are also relatively underpowered.
If you run an app such as HWMonitor, you will get the current, minimum, and maximum cpu temperatures.
For intel processors, if you see a max of 100c. it means you have throttled.
The cpu will lower it's multiplier and power draw to protect itself
until the situation reverses.
What can you do?
First, see that your cooler airways are clear and that the cooler fan is spinning.

Try changing the windows power profile advanced functions to a max of 90% instead of the default of 100%
You may not notice the reduced cpu performance.

Solution