Nov 22, 2019
Hi guys! So I have been having this issue for about two months now and I need some help to resolve it. My internet speeds are pretty good and my ping normally is about 9 but for some reason I keep having random lag spikes in multiplayer games such as Counter strike, R6, and even Minecraft. I currently live with my parents and I have no accces to a eternet cable from my room to the router so I am using a TP usb link to connect to the wifi. (It was cheaper to not add any wifi cards with my build). I tried resetting my router numerous times and have tried restarting my pc but nothing works! I also have random disconnects too! Can someone please help!

Solution
WIFI is at the mercy of nearby signals. Anything could be interfering with your WIFI or somebody else in the family could be using it. I recommend you go to a local big box electronics store and get powerline network adapters. They will use the home's electrical wiring like an ethernet cable. If you get the "AV2" standard devices, they have the best performance and compatibility with differing home wiring. If you buy them local and for some reason the home wiring is not compatible, you can return them.

kanewolf

Titan
WIFI is at the mercy of nearby signals. Anything could be interfering with your WIFI or somebody else in the family could be using it. I recommend you go to a local big box electronics store and get powerline network adapters. They will use the home's electrical wiring like an ethernet cable. If you get the "AV2" standard devices, they have the best performance and compatibility with differing home wiring. If you buy them local and for some reason the home wiring is not compatible, you can return them.

Solution