Need help with Ubuntu 14.04!!!

Thirusan

Honorable
May 31, 2013
Hi everyone i recently installed Ubuntu 14.04 on my new computer that i built this month.
Here are my specs: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Thirusan/saved/Fgvbt6
I had already installed Windows 7 x64 bit as my main OS.

After installing Ubuntu my computer didn't display a grub boot-loader but i soon fixed this problem by installing all the update. But even after this at time Ubuntu become unresponsive and most of the time i am unable to use my mouse to open and close applications.
To some up my problem Ubuntu isn't running smoothly or even running properly.

I have installed Ubuntu previously on my old computer which was a HP Pavilion Slimline, considering my new computer is much better than my old one i am not sure what is causing the problem.

If anyone know how to fix this please let me know?

Aristotelian

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2012
Is the mouse the only thing that is not functioning correctly? Does it happen with multiple mice or just one? Sometimes peripheral devices just don't play nicely with Linux and you have to get a different one. Also, check the mouse settings in your system settings.

JOHNN93

Honorable
did you install proprietory driver for gpu?
http://www.nvidia.co.uk/download/driverResults.aspx/76912/en-uk
if this does not fix your problem it might be the chipset because it is still new.
also open a terminal and run top before you proceed with anything else.
i get a "unresponsive" system when mozila is running especialy on you tube.flash player utilizes a lot of cpu.when i open 3 youtube tabs it goes over 130% cpu utilzation lol.

Thirusan

Honorable
May 31, 2013
Okay after installing multiple linux distros i have leant that i had the same problem and i installed all the gpu driver etc..
It turns out that it was my gamming mouse that was causing the problem, so once i replace it with a basic hp mose and it worked perfectly.
So a Cyborg Rat 5 mouse dosent play well with linux.
This is kinda of a problem because now it means that i have to change the mouse everytime i want to use Linux.
Does anyone know how to install the drivers for this mouse on Ubuntu 14.04???