[SOLVED] Need help with understanding the reason behind this issue.

Oct 10, 2019
My monitor was working fine and all of a sudden everything froze and then this screen is showing up. I tried restarting the PC and plugging unplugging as well. Nothing worked.

Image link - View: https://imgur.com/a/oq2gtMD
(Not allowed to insert image as I am new on the forum)

I am not even sure if the problem is with the monitor or with the internal hardware of my CPU.

Kindly help

Oct 10, 2019
Looks like a bad gpu, do you have dedicated graphics. was there any impact on the screen or did it fall, if possible remove graphics card and connect directly to video outputs on mb
Thanks for the reply.
Screen never fell and there was no impact. But, there was a slim line on the top of the screen from last few months. I ignored it as it was not giving any problem while working.
There is no dedicated graphic card, I am using HP Tower series with no changes in the CPU except upgraded ram. I don't think that there is any graphic card which I can unplug, but I will check.
Is there is any way to find out if this problem is with the screen or with the CPU? I tried rebooting and using random buttons on the keyboard, but there was no sound. I just wish that the issue is with the screen only :rolleyes:

Lushern1309

Reputable
Aug 22, 2019
Thanks for the reply.
Screen never fell and there was no impact. But, there was a slim line on the top of the screen from last few months. I ignored it as it was not giving any problem while working.
There is no dedicated graphic card, I am using HP Tower series with no changes in the CPU except upgraded ram. I don't think that there is any graphic card which I can unplug, but I will check.
Is there is any way to find out if this problem is with the screen or with the CPU? I tried rebooting and using random buttons on the keyboard, but there was no sound. I just wish that the issue is with the screen only :rolleyes:
Hi, are you familiar with resetting the bios? how many sticks of ram? try booting with one stick and then the other vice versa, does the psu smell burnt? does the cpu fan spin up?

Oct 10, 2019
Hi, are you familiar with resetting the bios? how many sticks of ram? try booting with one stick and then the other vice versa, does the psu smell burnt? does the cpu fan spin up?
I can't access the bios at the moment as I have no spare monitor to even find out if the issue is with CPU or Monitor itself. Psu does not smell burnt and the fan spin up when I power on the cpu.
My friend also told me that the issue could be with RAM. Is that possible? This kind of issue with ram?

Lushern1309

Reputable
Aug 22, 2019
I can't access the bios at the moment as I have no spare monitor to even find out if the issue is with CPU or Monitor itself. Psu does not smell burnt and the fan spin up when I power on the cpu.
My friend also told me that the issue could be with RAM. Is that possible? This kind of issue with ram?
Possible, do you have another monitor or hdtv to plug into for testing, also if you have a spare laptop or pc to plug into the monitor to eliminate the monitor being the problem, resetting your bios involves moving a jumper on you motherboard or you could just remove and re seat the cmos battery

Oct 10, 2019
Thanks for all the help guys. Finally found the culprit - Monitor 🔫
Just wondering if a monitor can be fixed? I tried searching online and most results are showing that the monitor hardware is very complex. Getting the monitor repaired might not be the permanent solution. I don't want to waste money on a temporary fix & then ultimately buying a new one.

DSzymborski

Titan
Thanks for all the help guys. Finally found the culprit - Monitor 🔫
Just wondering if a monitor can be fixed? I tried searching online and most results are showing that the monitor hardware is very complex. Getting the monitor repaired might not be the permanent solution. I don't want to waste money on a temporary fix & then ultimately buying a new one.

Generally speaking, getting a monitor repaired will cost a lot more than just getting a new monitor.