Need help with upgrading Gateway NV78 notebook

some1nabox

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2010
Hello,
I was wondering if there is an intel i7 processor that is compatible with my laptop. I can't seem to find the information anywhere.

The I7 will not work in your laptop it is a totally different socket all together it looks like the best processor that will fit in that laptop is the core 2 duo T9500. Upgrading a laptop is not very cost effective buying those CPUs are very expensive and the chances of them working is slim to none laptops do not upgrade easy if they upgrade at all.

Is there a specific reason you want an I7 what kind of work do you do on your laptop?

some1nabox

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2010
Thanks! No reason in particular. I am building a desktop with the i7 and wanted to see if I could get my laptop running at the same speed. But it isn't necessary. Again, thanks for the help and I just may end up upgrading the laptop to the core 2 duo T9500.

It should technically work since gateway did offer that model with that CPU but you might need to update bios if you do also you might want to check with gateway before you do.