Question Need help with weird ram issues causing black screens. (At least i think...)

Jan 3, 2020
Recently built a new pc and have been black screening at random times like when i am just chilling watching yt, playing games, or even away from my pc. At first thought it was bad 5700 xt drivers but one time after turning pc back on after black screen i saw an error saying "memory overclocking failure". This was weird because my ram advertised itself as ddr4 at 3000mhz and i turned it up to 2933 mhz from 2133 when i first got the pc. I think this might be the issue but i have no idea why or how to solve it. I am pretty new to taking care of my own pc and really need help cause at this point i have tried so many things to stop the black screens and have eliminated it down to something i don't no much about..

Starcruiser

Honorable
How exactly did you overclock the ram? Manually or with the XMP profile? The XMP is usually advised as it will get you the advertised speed with minimal effort and risk. Doing it manually you run the risk of missing or forgetting an important setting, like voltage.