Need help with Windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

chink8

Commendable
Dec 22, 2016
I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from 7 and need help with a couple things..

I've uninstalled a few programs that I no longer use (OneDrive, Avira Connect and Kaspersky Secure Connection), but I still see them in the taskbar icon tray, how do I completely remove them? See link for details..

http://

Secondly, my Windows 10 is installed on my C Drive, which is an SSD. I don't want anything else on there except for Windows. So all my programs and files are on my D Drive. However, I like using my desktop for shortcut to my folders, but I realized the desktop belong to C Drive, how can I have D Drive folders on my desktop without it affecting my C Drive? Can I reroute the desktop?

Sinji58

Honorable
Dec 10, 2013
For the task bar icons, confirm you fully uninstalled them. Secondly, reboot. If that doesn't work, just turn them off.

For the SSD and d drive. In the windows search bar, search backup, you can use Windows to forward types of files to your other drive automatically.

Colif

Win 11 Master
it seems pointless having only win 10 on the ssd if, for example, you need to reinstall win 10 you would also need to reinstall all the programs on D drive (apart from a few like Steam, Wow & Origin game folders) so why bother? It just leads to orphan folders on D and more work in the long run.

Move Library folders & games to the hdd but most other things should run off it to get the speed boost off the ssd.

I don't think you can move the desktop to D and it doesn't save that much space as most files on desktop are just shortcuts and 1kb isn't going to kill your ssd.

chink8

Commendable
Dec 22, 2016
Yes I've uninstalled them and rebooted but they still show up.. I know I can just turn them off but it annoys me seeing them there.

My SSD is very small as I was only intending to put my OS on there for faster boot ups, so I don't have the luxury of putting other things on there.

So if I move a D folder onto the desktop, it's just a short cut to the original folder? The actual folder and it's contents aren't moved to the SSD? Even though desktop belongs to SSD drive? I want to move my movies folder onto the desktop for quicker access, the folder is nearly 70 GB, which would kill my SSD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS