Question Need help with X62 using AER RGB fans in a H510 Elite (almost finished building!)

TorturedMoon

Reputable
Dec 2, 2019
Hi everyone!

Can somebody please help me with regard to installing an X62 in a H510 Elite. I'm going to use the AER RGB fans that come with the case (as opposed to the ones that come with the X62) but I'm not sure what to plug where. This seems like a common set up. I've plugged the mini USB into the pump and into a USB header on my motherboard but the next step is about connecting the fans. From what I believe, I should be leaving the AER fans connected to the NZXT controller but in that case, what am I putting in the CPU_FAN?

Here is a picture of where I'm up to in the instructions. Thanks!

TorturedMoon

Reputable
Dec 2, 2019
AER RGB 2 fans have 2x wires, one for fan itself (connects to your AIO) and another for RGB (connects to your HUE 2 or Smart Device V2).

Hi! Thanks for the reply. So, that's not exactly how I ended up setting things up. Straight out of the box, the case RGB fans were connected to the Smart Device (RGB wire) and to power connectors (that came with the case and Smart Device). All I did was give that power cable actual SATA power with a cable from my PSU.

On the Kraken, I connected the mini USB to from the pump to a USB header on the board and then the other cable from the pump to the CPU_FAN header. On that cable, there are also power connectors that you would, in a normal setup (when not using these these case fans), use to connect the pump to the fans that come with the Kraken. Everything seems fine and in CAM I see a single fan connector for both front fans. I can control RGB and speed. What would I have gained by connecting the power of the case fans to that power cable from the Kraken as opposed to leaving them where they are?

Apologies for the long reply; that's about as clear and straight to the point as I could get it.

Thanks again! Really appreciate the support.

TorturedMoon

Reputable
Dec 2, 2019
Connecting AER RGB 2 power wires to the Kraken would've made little difference since you still can control rad fans via NZXT CAM. But they would be listed under your Kraken rather than under Smart Device V2.

Ah, I see. Then I guess I'll just leave things as they are seeing as it's all working as expected. Thanks for your help. Really appreciate it.