Question Need help with yellowish tint on dekstop

Nov 21, 2022
First hi,second as the title already says it i have a problem with a yellowish tint on my desktop,it is most noticable when something is supposed to be white but it is yellowish looking.

So,i recently bought an rx 580 8gb gpu,and everything is fine after driver installation and all that but as soon as i enter and exit a game i get that yellowish tint over my desktop.What i recently discovered is,i used used a different driver before this one,and it happened with that driver too but the difference being with that one that i also would loose sound coming trough the hdmi when the yellowish tint thing happens.Now i only got the yellowish tint and didn't loose sound,i used a different driver this time,an older one.

I tried all the solution i could find on the internet,going to color managment,tweaking the colors in the amd radeon software app and it works somewhat but there's still that yellowish tone to colors.
I must add tham im using win7 right now,last time i formated my pc i didn't had a win 10 to install so i went with a win7,i know that there's not much support from amd to win7 anymore but all in all im disappointed with the overall support from amd,they have all sorts of bugs listed on their driver sites what might work or what problems you could get with insalling a particular driver.

Before,i had an Nvidia gpu and never ran into any trouble,drivers was the easiest to install and most of them didn't had any bugs or problems,so what's going on here,are the drivers bad or has it something to do with the gpu.

Right now im using radeon-software-adrenalin-2020-21.3.1-win7-64bit-mar24,before that i used the last that was available for win7 which is the radeon-software-adrenalin-2020-22.6.1-win7-64bit-june23-2022(with this one i would loose also sound when the yellow tint thing happens.

Any ideas or solutions i can try would be really appreciated

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2022
your win 7 is a 32 or 64 bits os .
64 bit but i dont see why this would be the problem.Anyway,i tweaked the colors even more trough the TV settings and managed to get a somewhat decent color sheme by making the colors "warm or cold",white is white now but i still can't loose the feeling that the colors are 100% perfect,especially in games,it looks,best word to desribe it would be cold or washed away colors.Especially in a game that you know that should look warmer in general

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2022
from amd site they only have this one https://www.amd.com/fr/support/prev...500-series/radeon-rx-500-series/radeon-rx-580 also did you try a monitor or another tv on the system .

Im using one of the drivers already,i did not use it with a different TV or monitor cuz i dont think thats the problem.Something driver related im pretty sure,why else would i loose sound and get the yellowish tint but with teh other one i just get the yellowish tint.However,i fixed it somehow by tweaking the color in the TV settings and the colors are decent now,i even think i dont have any yellow tint anymore cuz i changed the tv colors to default and i dont get the yellow tint anymore.However,im going to upgrade to win10 right now and see if i will get any problems with those drivers