Question Need help!

Feb 21, 2019
Hello everyone,
I have an issue were my computer randomly freezes when under load, most of the times while playing games. It freezes for like 5 to 20 seconds and it resumes back to normal operation. I monitored this process through task manager and there always seem to be a 100% cpu load when the freeze happens. I built the desktop about a month ago. Running windows 10.
Specs:
i7 9700k
rtx 2080 rog strix oc
psu 850w thermaltake
ram 16gb 3200
z390 motherboard asus

I also monitored temperatures and everything is under 60C every time.

Feb 21, 2019
What SSD are you using? vcore on auto ? and when yes, check cpu-z on how much.
Storage in my system is as follows.
I have a 500gb m.2 from Samsung for my OS.
1Tb ssd from Samsung for games.
2Tb harddrive from Seagate for extra files and school work.
I'm kinda new to computer so can you pls specify what you need from cpu-z

Abstuurz

Proper
Feb 19, 2019
Storage in my system is as follows.
I have a 500gb m.2 from Samsung for my OS.
1Tb ssd from Samsung for games.
2Tb harddrive from Seagate for extra files and school work.
I'm kinda new to computer so can you pls specify what you need from cpu-z

Get Samsung magician and update the firmare, if available, for your ssd's.
Also get hwmonitor and cpu-z and post screenshots please.

Abstuurz

Proper
Feb 19, 2019
Okay, seem's fine so far i can see.

Did you use any kind of a driver booster or did you let Windows install everything with his Updates?
And i guess you have 2x 8GB of Ram, right?
On which slot's are they plugged in? A1 B1 A2 B2 ?

You can also try to start CMD as admin and run "chkdsk /f /r" (without the quote's ofc) hit Y when you get asked and restart your computer.
It may take some time to complete.

Feb 21, 2019
Okay, seem's fine so far i can see.

Did you use any kind of a driver booster or did you let Windows install everything with his Updates?
And i guess you have 2x 8GB of Ram, right?
On which slot's are they plugged in? A1 B1 A2 B2 ?

You can also try to start CMD as admin and run "chkdsk /f /r" (without the quote's ofc) hit Y when you get asked and restart your computer.
It may take some time to complete.
I used armoury create/ ai suite 3 to update bios and drivers. I used geforce experience for gpu drivers. Ram is on slot A2 B2 which is the preferred according to motherboard manual(2sticks of 8gb). I have XMP2 activated tu run ram at the actual speed.
I dont think heat is the issue. The full system has 5 fans. good quality ones. there is 3 (120mm) in the front that go through the radiator. 2 (140mm) on top that push air towards the motherboard. One in the back that is used for exhaust. The gpu also count with three build in fans. The psu fan is directed upwards as it serves as a second exhaust for the pc and for aethetics purpose.(its RGB lol).
I dont know what else it could be. Ill attached some images from what it looks like seconds after computer freezes. It evens happens while watching youtube.
img1 img2 img3 img4

Feb 21, 2019
So you have six fans from which 5 are used as intake? Not taking the psu into account. Me myself would use the top as exhaust.
Explain your reasoning please. The front three fans are intake but I also take into account the air resistance by the radiator that affects how much air can actually go through. I checked my case for pressure and I seem to have a good balance of positive pressure. Can you also explain how does this have to do with anything if temperature seem to be fine.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
And how do you check air pressure?

Although it seems that rad in the front is best option,still it brings warm/hot air into the case which only seems to be taken out by the back fan,i would want to have more fans to take that warm air out of the case.

Guess you check temps of cpu and gpu ,but what about temps of vrm?

Can you make a log?

How to make a log,

download hwinfo32,
install and open it,
check "sensors-only",
click "run",
at the bottom of the window click "logging start",
choose a name and place for the log like "hwinfolog" at the "desktop",
this log can be viewed/opened with either excel from Microsoft or libre office calc.
you can upload it onto a site which facilitates this like SaberCatHost this one i like since not so much (or any) spam comes with it and does not require a log in to get the info.
Just make one until this happens like you described.

Feb 21, 2019

Although it seems that rad in the front is best option,still it brings warm/hot air into the case which only seems to be taken out by the back fan,i would want to have more fans to take that warm air out of the case.

Can you make a log?

How to make a log,

you can upload it onto a site which facilitates this like SaberCatHost this one i like since not so much (or any) spam comes with it and does not require a log in to get the info.
I check the pressure with incense, i put smoke through the front and i look to see where and how does it comes out. I tried it a couple times and it takes1.24 sec to see smoke through the exhaust fan.

Feb 21, 2019

Can you make a log?

How to make a log,

If I try to run it gives me an error message as follows. error message.

Feb 21, 2019
Are you admin? Is your antivirus blocking it?
http://www.3dmark.com/spy/6408724 this is a link to a benchmark i did on 3D mark. The score is over 10,000 which is amazing and I haven't even overclocked any components.( besides XMPII settings. I don't know what could be I've run many stress test and the computer reacts like a beast. Scores are good and i get no issues what so ever. I'm going insane. Do you think I should completely restore my PC and do a full clean install of windows?