Question need help

Apr 23, 2019
hello i need help so yesterday i upgrade my gpu i had a rx 580 and now i have a gtx 2060 my specs are a rtx 2060 amd ryzen 7 1700x 3,4 ghz and 16 gb of ram in forntite sometimes when i put the graphics on epic i get more fps stays sometimes around 144 to like 110 when i play on competitive settings i barely could get 144 and it drops down a lot i installed all the drivewres upto date and i eve reinstalled windows but nothing its still the same if any body could help i will appreciate

Which Power SUPPLY unit are you using to power up that RTX 2060 GPU ? List the exact brand/model number. Any signs of 'Overheating' on your PC, while gaming ? Is it just one game, FORTNITE, or you are experiencing FPS drops in other PC titles as well ? In some MP/Online/Battle Royale games, sometimes we can experience fps drops.

What's your Monitor's native Screen RES ?

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2019
umm well i have a prebuilt and it came with a dell power supply it only 460
watts
and yes in other titles to like in rust everything on low also csgo everythin low it strugglles to even hit 150 fps on everythingg low on apex legends i get areound 80 yo 70 while roaming also all settings low

i have a 700 watt thermal take smart series shgould i swith it to that

What's the exact MODEL number/make of this 700 Watt Thermaltake PSU ? Smart series, Smart RGB 700W, or some other ? Avoid using that 460 W PSU from DELL.

BTW, The RTX 2060 requires a decent high-quality 500 Watts as the minimum recommended.

Edit: Ok, I think you are already having the smart series TK PSU <750 Watts unit. This is not a very good power supply model, and it falls under the lower Tier category in the PSU hierarchy list. Grab some other high quality Tier model.

Last edited: