Question Need help

May 26, 2019
Ok so i only have an m.2 128gb inside my system will it not post if i don't have a sata connection? If not i didn't know and there has been no information on that but if someone can tell me for sure please do cause i dont wanna think my pc parts might be dead...

popatim

Titan
Depends on how you have the M2 installed in the system.

Using an M2 port that is on your motherbd then Win8.1 &10 should detect and install to it fine once the bios is set properly. Older version of windows (7 & 8) require you to slipstream in the nvme driver first or use another work-around.

On a riser card, then we need to know which motherbd you have. It may not be possible or may be a storage-only drive.

May 26, 2019
Your system should be able to boot with only an m.2 SSD installed. However, you still need to have an operating system installed to do anything with the PC.

Are you able to access your BIOS?
Not able to turn it on at all my motherboard lights up then turns off instantly when i turn on the psu so I'm trying to figure out what's wrong since nothing is plugged in wrong I'm hoping everything is fine but i probably did something wrong