Question Need help.

Why are you removing the cooler?

Regardless....if you are changing the cooler.....that CPU needs to come off somehow.

I don't think you ruined anything YET. So that's good.

So from here on out BE CAREFUL WITH THE PINS.

but if you must remove the cooler.....I might try getting a razor blade in between and see if I could separate it that way.

Although it's certainly not desireable, it's also not uncommon. It seems most don't end in disaster but you should examine it carefully before trying to reassemble.

Carefully twist the processor to loosen the grip of the TIM and let it be removed from the heatsink. Examine the processor pins very closely to make sure they aren't bent... you can use the 'credit card' method to straighten them.

The harder thing to determine is if the socket is damaged. All you can do is examine it carefully, both with the lever up and down, and look for inconsistencies in how the light reflects. Then try it.

hellnewby

Reputable
Jul 15, 2015
Why are you removing the cooler?

Regardless....if you are changing the cooler.....that CPU needs to come off somehow.

I don't think you ruined anything YET. So that's good.

So from here on out BE CAREFUL WITH THE PINS.

but if you must remove the cooler.....I might try getting a razor blade in between and see if I could separate it that way.
I was cleaning the pc and want to use another cooler and add some fans but this thing happened. I will try the blade gl with me.

hellnewby

Reputable
Jul 15, 2015
......and I can't stress enough BE CAREFUL WITH THE PINS......DON'T EVEN TOUCH THEM IF YOU DON'T HAVE TO.
Yeah the pins is fine but no luck with the blade, i'll just go tomorrow to the local shop for help im afraid i might damage it and i hope the mobo is fine because i dont think i should be able to pull it out.

Anyway just wanted to ask if the temp im getting was normal it was around 40-50 while idle and 60-70 while playing games im using the the ryzen master to check the temps. The processor is 2700x with stock cooler i think its wraith prism.

Your idle temps are higher than mine but I wouldn't even be concerned about that as long as you are only at 60-70C playing games I think you are fine.

As far as the CPU.....I think it's just stuck....but stuck really good.

Warming it up may help.....if you set it in some nice hot sun....that may do it.....just an idea.

hellnewby

Reputable
Jul 15, 2015
Your idle temps are higher than mine but I wouldn't even be concerned about that as long as you are only at 60-70C playing games I think you are fine.

As far as the CPU.....I think it's just stuck....but stuck really good.

Warming it up may help.....if you set it in some nice hot sun....that may do it.....just an idea.
Alright good to know that my temp is fine, I tried to heat it up with blower and yeah it was really hot i can't even touch the metal parts but no luck with that. i hope this will be done tomorrow, i might post the update GL with me and thanks for the help.

hellnewby

Reputable
Jul 15, 2015
Alright they finally removed it with a flat screw driver while the other guy was holding the top, and i get things back to together and the Mobo and Processor is still working thanks for help guys.

Last edited: