Aug 17, 2020
So basically built a new computer. Everything turns on, fans, keyboard, and various lights for parts. Red for ssd, and blue for gpu. The only problem is the computer refuses to show a display. I’ve tried various things and still no shot. I don’t think it’s the motherboard bc when I try booting without ram it gives beeps. I am in desperate need of assistance plz n thank u

jwcrellin

Reputable
So basically built a new computer. Everything turns on, fans, keyboard, and various lights for parts. Red for ssd, and blue for gpu. The only problem is the computer refuses to show a display. I’ve tried various things and still no shot. I don’t think it’s the motherboard bc when I try booting without ram it gives beeps. I am in desperate need of assistance plz n thank u
I advise assembling the computer and booting it outside the case first.

Full system specs are helpful, cpu and motherboard and power supply models especially.

P.S. - Have you watched videos on youtube by linustechtips or jayztwocents?

Aug 17, 2020
I advise assembling the computer and booting it outside the case first.

Full system specs are helpful, cpu and motherboard and power supply models especially.

P.S. - Have you watched videos on youtube by linustechtips or jayztwocents?

Tried the bread boarding and watched videos. Btw here are the specs

Cpu- Ryzen 5 2600
PSU- Corsair 550w
GPU-XFX Radeon R70
Ram-16gb of Asgard ram
MB- Gigabyte B450M DS3H Wifi
Storage- Silicon 512 bf ssd & WB blue 1TB hdd

jwcrellin

Reputable
What monitor are you using? Can you get any display from something like a blu-ray player to test the panel; and are you sure it's on the correct input, eg hdmi or displayport?

Aug 17, 2020
What monitor are you using? Can you get any display from something like a blu-ray player to test the panel; and are you sure it's on the correct input, eg hdmi or displayport?

It’s an LG, have tried the ports they work and made sure they they are on the right output aswell

jwcrellin

Reputable
Do you have access to a different graphics card? One that is a known good part. Either that or an AM4 cpu with integrated graphics? Getting into the bios should be the first goal. To do that, you need something that WILL output to your monitor.

Aug 17, 2020
Do you have access to a different graphics card? One that is a known good part. Either that or an AM4 cpu with integrated graphics? Getting into the bios should be the first goal. To do that, you need something that WILL output to your monitor.
No I don’t sadly. Is my graphics card bad?

jwcrellin

Reputable

Wolfshadw

Titan
What is your exact graphics card (there is no R70)?
How are you connecting it to your display?
You are connecting the display to one of the graphic card outputs and not the motherboard output?

-Wolf sends

Aug 17, 2020
It could be, if you got it off amazon or newegg within the last 30 days, you should be able to exchange it with minimal fibbing. Also, check your motherboard manual for any troubleshooting or diagnostics during setup. If you misplaced it, you can download one from the manufacturers website. https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/B450M-DS3H-WIFI-rev-10/support#support-manual

I tried my graphics card on my friends computer and it worked. So I don’t believe it’s that

jwcrellin

Reputable
I tried my graphics card on my friends computer and it worked. So I don’t believe it’s that
So if it's not the gpu, my next suspect is the power supply. Without the power from the pci-express 8 pin I don't think the rx 570 can function as a display output. I know it gets like 45 watts of power from the motherboard slot itself but I don't think it's enough. If you have another psu, i'd try that to see if it does any better.

Wolfshadw

Titan
I know it gets like 45 watts of power from the motherboard slot itself but I don't think it's enough

Just to clarify, the PCI-Ex16 slot provides up to 75 watts of power. The base RX-570 requires up to 150 watts of power so the card you have will have either a 6-pin or an 8-pin (6+2pin) PCIE power connection from the power supply. If it's not connected, this could be the issue.

-Wolf sends