Zangetzo

Honorable
May 23, 2016
Please stick to 1 thread
I got new parts to build pc. Ryzen 5 300. Ddr4 3200. Asrock b450 steel legend. M.2 sx8200 pro. Evga supernova 550g2 and gtx 1660ti.
I put everything up. Everything is connected. I start pc, its starts then after 5 seconds restarts. I cant even access bios. Tried to do with out gpu. Tried with one ram. Nothing works keep restarting every 5 sec. Plz anyone knows what might be the cause ?

Solution

I just read your other thread about this. People have told you that the board might need a BIOS update and you talk like you're desperate and that building a computer isn't for you.

If you give up because you didn't know that the B450 motherboard will need a BIOS update if there is no sticker "Ryzen 3000 ready" on the motherboard box it's kinda on you. Not on how easy or hard it is to build a computer. Putting the hardware together is so easy. You're talking compatibility between the parts.

Whoever told you that the B450 Legend motherboard was optimized for the Ryzen 5 3600 from the start lied to you. The motherboard is perfectly fine to run a Ryzen 5 3600 IF IT HAS...

Zangetzo

Honorable
May 23, 2016
did you buy the parts new or used? either way as mentioned above it's likely that your MB will need a bios update to support that CPU. did you have an older ryzen chip prior to getting the new one?
No I bought everything new. Also how can I update bios when my pc cant even boot to bios menu ?
Also ppl told me b450 steel legend is optimized with ryzen 5 3600 from start.

Zangetzo

Honorable
May 23, 2016
Got new parts to build pc. Ryzen 5 3600. Ddr4 16 gb 3200mhz Corsair vengeance lpx. Asrock b450 steel legend. M.2 sx8200 pro. Evga supernova 550g2 and gtx 1660ti.
I put everything up. Everything is connected. I start pc, all fans turn on mobo lights turn on and then after 5 seconds pc restarts. I cant even access bios. Tried to do with out gpu. Tried with different ram slots. Removed battery waited for 5min and put it back, nothing works keep restarting every 5 sec. And ppl say its so easy to build pc

Hi Zangetzo.

Everything will depend on how long that Asrock b450 has been in a storage before you buy it.

B450 motherboards needs a BIOS update to support the Ryzen 5 3600 CPU unless it is a new produced B450 with already the BIOS update on it or if it's a B450 MAX edition like the B450 Tomahawk MAX that comes ready for the Ryzen 3600 out of the box.

Do you have a "Ryzen 3000 ready" sticker on the motherboard box?

It is easy to build a computer.

I just read your other thread about this. People have told you that the board might need a BIOS update and you talk like you're desperate and that building a computer isn't for you.

If you give up because you didn't know that the B450 motherboard will need a BIOS update if there is no sticker "Ryzen 3000 ready" on the motherboard box it's kinda on you. Not on how easy or hard it is to build a computer. Putting the hardware together is so easy. You're talking compatibility between the parts.

Whoever told you that the B450 Legend motherboard was optimized for the Ryzen 5 3600 from the start lied to you. The motherboard is perfectly fine to run a Ryzen 5 3600 IF IT HAS THE BIOS UPDATE.

The only way you can update the BIOS is if you have another CPU that is supported by the B450 Legend out of the box. Like a Ryzen 1600 or 2600. AMD can even lend you a CPU kit that you have to return to them just to update your BIOS.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-100#faq-Short-Term-Processor-Loan-Boot-Kit

If you go the Pre-Built route you will have cheap parts like the PSU and GPU and motherboard. They buy the cheapest there is and they sell you the system with a few hundred dollars extra.

Solution
Never gonna try build pc again, prebuild is the only way to go now for me.
so here's where you issue lies i think. the B450 motherboard that you have does SUPPORT the 3rd gen RYZEN, but sometimes depending on when it was produced or what bios revision it was packaged with, will depend on whether or not that gen of chips will work out of the box. what I'm getting at is that it will need a bios update for that CPU to work on that board. the reason I asked if you bought it new is if you still had an older CPU you could update the MB and be good to go. pre builts are not the way young JEDI we've all been there...