[SOLVED] need help...

Dec 13, 2021
i bought msi rx 570 4gb now my pc wont boot when gpu plug in with pci 8 pin power cable when i unplug the 8 pin from gpu the pc boot
i checked gpu on another pc but it still not work
the mechanic says that your gpu is short circuit....
now plzz help should it be faulty psu who caused this problem??
should i changed my psu???
should it be 8 pin pci connector problem or it may be shorted...
pc specs
i5 3rd gen
gigabyte h61 mobo
12gb ram
500gb+320gb hdd
msi armor rx 570 4gb
500 watt psu 80+bronze cobra

Solution
cobra 500 watt psu 80+ bronze..
If you mean Raidmax Cobra it's a bad PSU. It may very well have killed the GPU, or just the GPU dying but with help from the PSU.
Without physically being there and inspect the GPU with necessary equipment we can not say if it's repairable. Even if it is, you will have to buy a decent PSU to use, instead of that one before the potential repair or the purchase of a new GPU.
What is the make/model of your power supply?
Most likely, despite the 500w rating, it likely does not have sufficient current to run the 8 pin gpu connector that the gpu needs to run.

See if you can't test with a known good psu of sufficient power.

Dec 13, 2021
idk if my gpu is dead or not.....
when i turn on my pc its wont boot just case and processor fan flick a little bit then nothing happenbut when i unplugged my gpu pc works fine i already checked bios its latest and i checked every connection its fine....
i checked gpu on another pc but same problem...

pc specs
i5 3rd
gigabyte h61 mobo usb 3.0
12gb ram 8+4 ddr3.
500gb hdd + 320gb hdd.
msi armor rx 570 4gb

plzzzz help should it be dead or any short circuit in gpu....... should it be psu problem...
if gpu is short circuit it is possible to repair.....or dead.....
forget to add...
i was playing rdr 2 and pc turns off and wont boot

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2021
idk if my gpu is dead or not.....
when i turn on my pc its wont boot just case and processor fan flick a little bit then nothing happenbut when i unplugged my gpu pc works fine i already checked bios its latest and i checked every connection its fine....
i checked gpu on another pc but same problem...

i was playing rdr 2 from 2 hrs but suddenly pc shutdown and wont boot...

pc specs
i5 3rd
gigabyte h61 mobo usb 3.0
12gb ram 8+4 ddr3.
500gb hdd + 320gb hdd.
msi armor rx 570 4gb

plzzzz help should it be dead or any short circuit in gpu....... should it be psu problem...
if gpu is short circuit it is possible to repair.....or dead.....

If you mean Raidmax Cobra it's a bad PSU. It may very well have killed the GPU, or just the GPU dying but with help from the PSU.
Without physically being there and inspect the GPU with necessary equipment we can not say if it's repairable. Even if it is, you will have to buy a decent PSU to use, instead of that one before the potential repair or the purchase of a new GPU.

Solution
Dec 13, 2021
so i bought msi armor rx 570 4gb in used condition after 1 week my pc stops to boot when i unplugged gpu the pc works fine when i checked my gpu to mechanic he says there's a short circuit in my gpu....under the small heatsink it looks like resistor (mosfet) i dont know the exact name but he says its repairable but the problem is if its repair how do i know he replace all shorted those resistor (mosfet)
or he forget to replace any of one because on yt i see many videos where gpu works with one or two mosfet missing....is gpu works fine without those mosfet......
and suggest me best psu for that gpu currently iam using raidmax cobra 500 watt 80+ bronze i think its a bad psu and maybe shorted my gpu......
Sorry for bad English
thanks in advance...