Mar 30, 2023
[Note: Moderator edit to break up solid unpunctuated paragraph.]

I got a nasty virus on my pc and ended up having to use easeus partition master tool to wipe every drive I had and every partition including the partition with windows

and boot it wouldn’t come up in my bios (ASUS prime Z790 Wi-Fi bios version 812 x64) after that as a bootable drive

and it said the nvme slot was empty and only showed and still only shows up in advanced intel rapid storage technology

I got an m.2 to usb to fix it using my laptop and it wouldn’t show in disk manager or device manager so I wiped the disk again to make sure nothing was on it causing this issue

and then I reformatted it to ntfs and that didn’t fix the issue because it was still not showing up so I tried running the install with the ssd externally using a usb and it finally showed on the download to screen

but it said that it was in the wrong mode(gmt or something like that) so then I used easeus to format it again to the one it said I can use for the download

and it said that I can’t download it to an external device so I plugged it into the m.2 port on my motherboard and it didn’t show in the download to options this time

and it’s only showing in intel rapid storage technology now unless I have it external using the m.2 to usb connection(the drives are usable on my laptop

I don’t know about as a boot drive because it would have to be external but it works for storage use)

My motherboard is not in csm mode and all the pcei usb and m.2 slots are enabled

and I tried the slot that it was originally in and the one believe it that has never been used

and I tried a bootable usb and it did work so I’ve got no idea what’s wrong with it but I’m going to try “updating” my bios to the same version

and see if that maybe fixes it but if someone can help me with this would be amazing my I’ve been trying to fix this for 3 days now

My specs are

CPU-Core i9-13900kf
Ram-Trident z5 F5-7600J3646Gx2-TZ5RK(7800mhz default cap clocked at 5600mhz due to instability)
Motherboard-ASUS prime Z790 wifi
Gpu- gigabyte rtx 2070 super 3x oc edition
Storage-Samsung 970 evo plus 2tb

Last edited by a moderator:

Rokinamerica

Estimable
Nov 30, 2021
My man, break that word cliff down into paragraphs. It is hard to read the alphabet jungle.

1st question is: You say you had to "wipe every drive I have" but list only 1 drive.

Less words and way more specifics about where you got it, what it was and why you had to "wipe every drive".

Ok, this get my head spin by trying to get the sense of this 273 word long sentence (according to Geany).

I get that you got some malware. And I get that you tried to somehow wipe your storage device or devices. But from there, I'm unfortunately not able to make out a clear picture of the issue, or any overview of your situation. Maybe somebody natively English speaker is capable of making out what the issue actually is.

Mar 30, 2023
My man, break that word cliff down into paragraphs. It is hard to read the alphabet jungle.

1st question is: You say you had to "wipe every drive I have" but list only 1 drive.

Less words and way more specifics about where you got it, what it was and why you had to "wipe every drive".
The other drives are just external drives so they don’t need to be bootable although they are even though the same thing happened to them the only difference is I ran stuff on them after using Rufus for things like a bootable drive to see if it would show it on the system

Mar 30, 2023

And I had to wipe every drive because I downloaded an assetto corsa mod that was a virus and it was bypassing my anti virus and every time I reinstalled windows it would be back with the install or it wouldn’t fix the problems

Mar 30, 2023
Ok, this get my head spin by trying to get the sense of this 273 word long sentence (according to Geany).

I get that you got some malware. And I get that you tried to somehow wipe your storage device or devices. But from there, I'm unfortunately not able to make out a clear picture of the issue, or any overview of your situation. Maybe somebody natively English speaker is capable of making out what the issue actually is.
I wiped the drive and it’s not showing in the bootable part of the bios or nvme but it shows in intel rapid storage technology and I need to download windows on it

In general - when installing any OS, you don't want to have any other storage device attached other than the one you intending to install the OS onto.

And I had to wipe every drive because I downloaded an assetto corsa mod that was a virus and it was bypassing my anti virus and every time I reinstalled windows it would be back with the install or it wouldn’t fix the problems
If I remember correctly, the UBCD toolpack does include tools for completely wiping hdd.

Mar 30, 2023
In general - when installing any OS, you don't want to have any other storage device attached other than the one you intending to install the OS onto.
This I know Al thought the problem is it’s not showing up as bootable or as an option to download to in the installation

Mar 30, 2023
What device isn't showing up as bootable? Can you rephrase the last part - this seems to be a very different issue?
A majority of the things I mentioned was what I’ve already done and
How is that related to the download issue, if any ?
when you install windows you pick a drive out of the list that you want windows on or at least that’s what it’s doing for me(windows 11 I can’t remember if it’s the same for windows 10 because I haven’t used it in a while)

so it’s a problem because it’s not being detected in that list when it’s in the m.2 slot on my mobo but I don’t think the slot is the problem because it does detect it it’s just not showing up where it should for the download and in the “bootable” section in the bios so it’s preventing me from downloading windows

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2023
I figured it out but the install for the drivers were removed from the website and changed to setupRST

so the guides don’t work does anyone know how to get the drivers for intel vdm and install them for the windows/in the windows installation using this?

Mar 30, 2023
After disabling vdm in the bios It started working again I don’t understand why that’s on by default if it messes with the installation and boot