NEED HELP!!

G

I have Gforce 2 mx card in my Celron 600 computer.

Every time i try to play any thing to do with 3d graphics my computer freezes. It will load up the first few frames and then it just stops. My direct x {version 8} will not allow me to run a 3d test so what can i do please help!!!

G

I have a asus cuvx-m "via chipset" the gf2 in as winfast ledteck.. :( im using a via chip set

ckbumps

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2001
I just went through some similar symtoms wit my buddy, what resolution are you using?
he would freeze up when trying to run 3d games at higher than 640 x 480
we thought there was problem but turned out to be the fact that the card was incapable of running at higher res.
hope this helps
good luck

G

Yea i think i will try and install dx7a today :)... thanks guys for the help !!!!!!!!!!!!

oh by the way the card does support over640x480 as my mate put it in his comp and it workd fine... i think its A: a motherboard conflict ( i hope not cuase then i left with a usless card??) or a cpu conflict.. i know these seam rare....but the fact was that i put the card in my mates computer and well he was running the same os as me.. and the same dx8 ver..so i lostt :(

Ric

PS thanks again for the info guys!

G

well looks like what they wrote can help u:)but there are a another detail but maybe not with your card.Now winfast?did that card come over the specs??core\memory as mine hercules did(know winfast sells over the specs card)so anyway if nothing work try putting the card back to its specs eg my card came with 220\366 to make it work as it was suposed and to make it stop freezing during d3d was setting it back to 200 on core and installing the chipset drivers then card drivers and all the rest after it
but u might be lucky and dont have that problem

Bilbo_B

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2001
Check out the installation notes in DirectX. You can't just uninstall it and go back to DirectX7... you'll probably have to reinstall Windows to do that (yeah, been there, done that).
I hope I'm wrong....