arifmanzoor

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2002
Hi! Any body have any experience in ACER notebooks, i wana buy a new one, or should i go for a Compaq 1500, sony, or Tohsiba????????

RaPTuRe

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2001
I've had experience with Acer (if you can call it that) it was very bad - but still, if you like it try it.

What exactly are you looking for, Compaq are good all round, but have some annoyances. Toshiba are expensive but built beautifully with high specs. Sony are like Compaq,nice all round, worse in some areas, better in others.

RaPTuRe

Who's General Failure and why's he reading my disk?

natport

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2002
it depends where you are in this world
price and support might differ between areas........
Acer's much better here in asia...
and theyre pretty cheap too comapred to compaq

RaPTuRe

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2001
Well I am most probably bias against Acer because of my bad experiences. They aren't built quite as nicely as Compaqs or such, but they are getting better IMO.

Who's General Failure and why's he reading my disk?

st1012

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2003
I had a pain experience with the Acer product that I bought. I will suggest you to buy the COMPAQ notebook. COMPAQ always come with the latest features and attractive price. TOSHIBA not bad (for few years past), TOSHIBA is also do the assemble of notebook in Taiwan now. Although price was not really too high but the quality also reduce. I found TOSHIBA spec. still lower than COMPAQ but price higher. If the notebook you bought with image/photo editing purpose, Sony will be OK. The only benefit to buy Sony is because Sony bundle with a lot of graphics program.