xtremegamer2da-max

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2012
my friend shawn's dad asked shawn to find the best router 4 them they have 8 pc's on at the same time all on internet (big family) all doing home school and they have slow internet so (since shawn knows more bout pc's than him) shawn's dad wants shawn to find the best router 4 them and (if he should get an accelerator) whats the best accelerator so shawn asked me (since i know more bout pc's than him) what his dad asked him and im asking u guys (since some of you guys know more bout pc's than me & because routers isnt my area of expertise

RealBeast

Titan
You want two specific things in a new router: wireless N and gigabit Ethernet ports. They need to decide if they want dual band (2.4GHz and 5GHz) or just the single 2.4GHz band depending on whether they have any adapters that support the 5GHz band -- still fairly uncommon.

I have used a number of DLink DIR-655 routers that have both N and gigabit, and they are older (but much cheaper) than the probably better and quite expensive Linksys E4200, Netgear N600 or N900, or ASUS RT-N56U.

Routersforhumans

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012
Dual band (2.4Ghz & 5Ghz) Wi-fi routers are nowadays very common and indeed you do not pay any extra money to get this dual band technology. Some of the best wi-fi routers, I can suggest as follows:

(1) Netgear WNDR3800 N600 Wireless Dual-Band Gigabit Router - Premium Edition

(2) Linksys E4200 Maximum Performance Dual-Band Wireless-N Router

(3) Linksys E3200 High Performance Dual-Band N Router

(4) Asus RT-N56U Dual-Band Gigabit Wireless-N Router &

(5) D-Link DHP-1320 Wireless N PowerLine Router......

You may also be interested in World's first Wi-Fi Router with a touchscreen. Its called 'Almond'. Check it out.
www.securifi.com