NEED HELPPPPPP !!!!!!!!!

denox

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2003
Few week ago I change my casing. Since then I can not played any games. I am not sure what is the problem, but everytime I played game it would run only couple of second (I tried several different games). I tried all setting on bios, update vga driver even installed new windows XP system but it did not help. Amazingly, I have no problem when using computer for regular activity like browsing internet, play music, ect. This make me really really sick.
If you all guys have any experience or idea what happend, please let me know. All suggestion will be appreciated.

What the [-peep-] happened with my [-peep-] computer ?

ufo_warviper

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2001
Are you trying to say you got a new case for your computer when you say "I change my casing". There are two possible issues that come to mind that might be causing your problem:

1. The New case has poor ventilation and overheating your GPU
2. The New case has a worse power supply unit than your old case.

My OS features preemptive multitasking, a fully interactive command line, & support for 640K of RAM!

denox

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2003
I change to better one actually (chieftec) and this casing has more ventilation than old one.
And I do not thing that my new power supply is the problem, because I can do anything with computer without problem except played game.
So do you have any idea what is going on with my computer ?

G

Captian Obvious suggests the change of case dislodged something.
Check to ensure all components are properly mounted and fans are spinning!

<b><font color=red>Captain Obvious To The Rescue!!!</font color=red></b>

denox

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2003
Yes captain all is checked properly. The only this I haven't done is switch/change VGA. And one more info, it need only couple of second after game run to freeze.

ufo_warviper

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2001
It's not unheard of for Graphics cards to utilize more power wattage from the PSU when running under 3D-rendering. I've heard of such cases around here. Wait a minute, lemme check what wattage your using in your first post before I continue. BRB.

My OS features preemptive multitasking, a fully interactive command line, & support for 640K of RAM!

ufo_warviper

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2001
Unspecified wattage as I suspected. A better brand might generally be more efficient overall, but if You got like a 230 Watt from a "really good brand" that wouldn't beat a 460 watt from an "average brand" I wouldn't think.

denox

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2003
I have 550watt from everage brand. I am not sure is this will be issue, but I will found out with borrow PSU and maybe together with VGA...hheheheee...
Anyway....I still need technical advice from you all.

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
ya try switching around parts....... if u can't find the problem go ol' "fix" function should do it :D

RIP Block Heater....HELLO P4~~~~~
120% nVidia Fanboy
PROUD OWNER OF THE GEFORCE FX 5950ULTRA <-- I wish this was me
waiting for aBox~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ufo_warviper

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2001
I hope the test works out well. If it doesn't we'll eventually whip up a solution to resolve your prob. :smile:

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
half of the people's suggestions/solutions are

"get a R9600pro" -_-

lolz

RIP Block Heater....HELLO P4~~~~~
120% nVidia Fanboy
PROUD OWNER OF THE GEFORCE FX 5950ULTRA <-- I wish this was me
waiting for aBox~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ufo_warviper

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2001
Come to think of it, I've been a blind fool and actually forgot to ask him what his video chipset was, and I gave him all that babbling about the PSU assuming he bought a brnad new Graphics card. So.......

DenoX: What IS your current Graphics card? THat will help out alot to know this information.

htgoetz

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Hi,

strange problem you have!
Let's think about it for a moment: the main difference between normal browsing etc. and playing games is that your cpu and gpu uses more power and you uses more ram With the cpu and gpu using more power they also produce more heat. Check the cooling of the cpu and gpu!
Let's do some tests:
put a high load on your cpu by running seti@home for example for at least 15 minutes. If that works we can almost rule out the cpu as the root of the problem.
check your ram with memtest86 for some hours.
get your vga-card out of your motherboard and reinstall it again.

If that doesn't help you have a BIG problem! :))

Thomas

denox

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2003
My VGA is Geforce3 ti200, it used to be nice partner for conquer counterstrike and a can of beer.....heheheheee
I still have no time to switch my PSU and VGA, and over heat is not an issue since I use nice cooler for processor and a lot of fan on my case (89f ambience and 104f CPU).
I tried to remove VGA card and uninstal then install new driver but it did not help.
Oh...I also upgraded my bios of MB after change casing. Is this maybe the problem come from?
My MB is Gigabyte GA-7VRXP with Athlon XP 1800+

TRENDING THREADS