Question Need high voltage to oc

Nov 14, 2019
My r5 2600 need 1.325v to run stable on 3.9ghz and to run stable at 4ghz i need to give my vcore 1.45v is it normal? Or i just bought bad processor? My spec:
Mobo: gigabyte b450m ds3h
Ram: gskill ripjaws v 2666
Vga: msi rx570 mk2 8gb oc
Psu: aerocool 550 rgb 80+
Cooler: coolermaster masterliquid 120lite rgb

If you're saying ALL your cores run stable at 3.9GHz then that is absolutely fine. The 2600's highest boost clock is 3.9GHz anyway, and that's for a SINGLE core at a time. So if only 1 core is getting to 3.9GHz at 1.325v then that is still fine, though you shouldn't peg your voltages, just leave it on default. But if ALL cores are getting there then you should leave it there and that is perfectly fine. Any higher will risk your CPU and shorten the life span. Especially using any voltage over 1.325v.

Nov 14, 2019
If you're saying ALL your cores run stable at 3.9GHz then that is absolutely fine. The 2600's highest boost clock is 3.9GHz anyway, and that's for a SINGLE core at a time. So if only 1 core is getting to 3.9GHz at 1.325v then that is still fine, though you shouldn't peg your voltages, just leave it on default. But if ALL cores are getting there then you should leave it there and that is perfectly fine. Any higher will risk your CPU and shorten the life span. Especially using any voltage over 1.325v.
How to know if all of my cores run at 3.9ghz? I just overclock from bios not amd master ryzen

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
It could be you got unlucky and your CPU just really doesn't overclock well, it could be your budget motherboard, it could be your poor quality PSU. Or it could be some combination of those, hard to say. Have you experimented with changing load line calibration (LLC) settings at all?

Nov 14, 2019
Then all your cores are OC'd. Simply install Ryzen master, or HWinfo64 and it will show you the speed each core is at. Run a stress test and you'll see them all reach 3.9GHz
i just installed ryzen master only for monitoring when i stress my cpu using aida and all of my cores run at 3.92

Nov 14, 2019
It could be you got unlucky and your CPU just really doesn't overclock well, it could be your budget motherboard, it could be your poor quality PSU. Or it could be some combination of those, hard to say. Have you experimented with changing load line calibration (LLC) settings at all?
i dont know anything abt LLC im worried if my items get short cuz 1 month ago my msi b450m gaming plus get short I do not know what causes it

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
Short circuited? How did you determine this is what happened? Make sure you've correctly mounted your motherboard using standoffs, and that there isn't any loose metal objects (e.g. a screw) behind it or in your case.

Changing settings in your BIOS isn't going to cause a short. I can't find a lot of information on your PSU but it looks to be pretty crappy, if something is damaging your components I'd start with replacing that. If you let us know what country you live in (and a couple online retailers it's convenient for you to buy from), I can recommend a better one.