Need info on other needed files please

Updated the computer and now just reinstalled HL2, but was curious, other
than the .sav files, what else should a copy over? See, I backed up the
entire Steam folder before wiping HDD. Only other thing I can think of is
some kind of config file, but not sure where to find that. So any help here
would be appreciated.

"Mark G." <Askmefirst@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Updated the computer and now just reinstalled HL2, but was curious, other
> than the .sav files, what else should a copy over? See, I backed up the
> entire Steam folder before wiping HDD. Only other thing I can think of is
> some kind of config file, but not sure where to find that. So any help here
> would be appreciated.

\Steam\SteamApps\user\Half-Life 2\hl2\cfg\config.cfg

Mark G. wrote:
> Updated the computer and now just reinstalled HL2, but was curious, other
> than the .sav files, what else should a copy over? See, I backed up the
> entire Steam folder before wiping HDD. Only other thing I can think of is
> some kind of config file, but not sure where to find that. So any help here
> would be appreciated.

delete the clientprofile.blob, create a shortcut to Steam after
reloading the entire directory tree, then run it and it will reconfigure
itself.