Need info on pc parts (any help is greatly appreciated)

Jul 22, 2018
Okay so, I started custom building about 3 years back. And I steadily upgraded my parts as I went on. I don’t have any virus protection active at the moment. I currently have a(n) (sorry for any ignorance on this as I have only been doing it for 3 years)
I7 6700
Gtx 1080 ti
1tb hard drive (almost full)
32gb 3200mhz Corsair ram
Evga 750w power supply
I intend to in the near future (before black ops 4 releases in October) upgrade my processor and motherboard to an i7 7700k and any affordable motherboard that will fit the LGA 1151 socket. Even though I have a gtx 1080 ti and 32gb ram, no mater if a game is running at the lowest settings of the lowest resolution, or the highest settings of the highest resolution, it will maintain a constant always above 60 FPS for a solid 5 seconds and then stutter. Also my 1080 ti is overclocked and it says in msi afterburner that it reaches a peak voltage of 1000mV. Do I need to upgrade my motherboard and processor first? (And if I do will it finally fix my god awful frame drops that limit my build?) or will I even have to upgrade my power supply? Once again my apologies for my ignorance on the matter. Any help is appreciated. :) god bless

That's a bit curious. Just to clarify, you're asking if a CPU/Board upgrade will fix your stuttering in games? Don't apologize for your "ignorance." The truly ignorant are the ones who don't ask things.

When you get the stuttering, is it with or without V-Sync enabled? Running above 60 FPS can result in what's known as screen-tearing, which can cause a few issues with image quality.

Jul 22, 2018
When it stutters vsync is off because I never use vsync. I do have a gsync enable monitor though. And yes I am wandering if upgrading my board/ cpu and overclocking it will fix the stuttering. Thank you for your response.

I wouldnt think the CPU or motherboard have anything to do with this issue.

1. Ensure that VSYNC is also off in your GeForce experience driver settings. Sometimes drivers enable things that we don't know.
2. Have You tried using a different monitor or TV to see if the issue is with your monitor or with your tower?

TRENDING THREADS