Need info on upgrades

If you still have the r7 250, then upgrade the gpu. That was low end 5 years ago and couldn't game then. It won't do any better now. I don't know what psu it has but you may need to upgrade that to get a better gpu. See if you can oc the cpu and if you can, then get a better cooler. I wouldn't spend money for anything else as these parts can be re-used for a new build. The rest should get you by with those games for now.

You can oc with that mobo. Do you know what cooler it has? If you mean the 200 series gpu, it came with a 250. We already know you need to upgrade that. But you need to check the psu to see if that needs to be upgraded. It's likely a yes because they tend to cheap out on the psu.

Heffy420

Reputable
Mar 22, 2017
Sorry I misread, psu is 350 watt so I'm sure it will need to be upgraded. I have no clue on how to overclock, or what I should buy that will work with this for cheap for now.

Best not to pour more money into an obsolete rat hole.
Your motherboard is a poor one, nor really suitable for a FX-6 or 8
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2384030/motherboard-tier-list-am3-chipsets.html

If your games are fast action games, you may benefit from a graphics card upgrade.
What is the psu?
If you have the typical 300w unit, your strongest graphics card upgrade will be a GTX1050 or perhaps GTX1050ti.
A graphics card upgrade can be carried forward to a replacement build.
Run YOUR games, but lower your resolution and eye candy.
If your FPS increases, it indicates that your cpu is strong enough to drive a better graphics configuration.
If your FPS stays the same, you are likely more cpu limited.

If you need more cpu power, it is best to go latest gen.
$250 or so can buy you a G5600 processor, motherboard, and 8gb of ddr4 ram.
It can go up from there.

Heffy420

Reputable
Mar 22, 2017
Not wanting to pour money into it, just want to slightly upgrade a thing it to i can play games a little better. PSU is 350watt. I only get 30fps in Rust on a good day and an 1 series shy of a graphics card that will run SCUM. Just don't know what I can but that will work without spending/upgrading too much.

Heffy420

Reputable
Mar 22, 2017
I think I could afford a couple hundred for a better PSU and GPU, just need to know which ones will work with my rig without needing to overclock (unless that's more simple than I thought).

1060 6gb or 580 8gb? You could go higher and not worry about a bottleneck if you are re-using it depending on when you'd get a new build. If it's too weak, you'd end up needing to upgrade that too, spending more money in the long run trying to save money now.

Heffy420

Reputable
Mar 22, 2017
Will those work with the PSU I have currently? Also, not reusing it cause I will give this computer to my daughter and build myself one from scratch (a whole new thread here most likely, lol)

Any cpu/mobo supports both as long as it has pcie and there is no preference to cpu+gpu companies.

With that psu, no, so go with a 1050ti. Amd doesn't have anything as power efficient with that performance. You don't need to worry about ocing the cpu with this.