Need info: Using wireless card with Infinion 8000

I have a Infinion 8000 laptop with built-in ethernet support,
which still runs WinME.

I'm trying to get a wireless network going, but I'm not sure if there's
something wrong or not. When I plug in the wireless card (a 802.11g),
and then proceed to power-up, the laptop beeps once during the
WinME startup sequence (the screen is "black" at the time). The
laptop does indeed come up all the way, but I'm not getting a
wireless connection.

I suspect that the connection issue may still be a configuration
problem (I have a printout of a support answer sheet that suggests
I look at the control panel settings for the wireless card adaptor).

My concern is leaning towards the "beep" -- is this normal?

Thanks,
Bob

BigJim

I guess you install the software to run the wireless card, and I can tell
you that I installed windows xp on a 8000 laptop and the card was
recognized with no problem so it sounds like a driver problem for the card.