[SOLVED] Need information about Case fans

Apr 3, 2021
I recently bought new pc case https://thundertechnology.net/product/p75-0703/
it comes with 4 RGB fans .
now issue is that three fans out of 4 have only one 4 pin Molex which is going to be in power supply. when i do that fan run but no light.
one of fans out 4 having two wires one same 4 pin Molex and other 2 pin connector

i want to ask are these rgb fans? if yes when why light effect not working ? any tips what should i do?

here is link of image of fan image (three fans are with same 4 pin molex ) View: https://imgur.com/IYdVz42

while 1 out of 4 having two wires 1 that same 4 pin molex and other 2 pin connector

Solution
No. You should only have to maybe assemble any fan wires etc, not disassemble. The fans came with the case, there should be instructions somewhere showing where they are supposed to plug in. At the very least should be a customer support number or address where you could ask, since this is obviously a proprietary setup. Argb fans with only 1x 4pin wire? Electrically that makes zero sense, you'd need at a minimum 5 wires. 12v/g for power to fan, 5v/g/data for lighting.

Lutfij

Titan
Do you have more pictures for the rest of the connectors? The RGB should be plugged to the cases controller, not to the motherboard, well, that's my assumption since you're showing a 4pin fatty molex connector, not the RGB connector.

There's no e-manual either so, in this case, it true that you actually get quality when you pay more. Ease of installation and less grey matter being pulverized.

Reactions: Herr B
Apr 3, 2021
Do you have more pictures for the rest of the connectors? The RGB should be plugged to the cases controller, not to the motherboard, well, that's my assumption since you're showing a 4pin fatty molex connector, not the RGB connector.

There's no e-manual either so, in this case, it true that you actually get quality when you pay more. Ease of installation and less grey matter being pulverized.
sure i just opened the fan and it having led strip too look
you can see in 2nd pic all 3 fans having 4 pin connector molex

View: http://imgur.com/a/CxKrI7T

D

Deleted member 2871437

Second picture on the second post seems to show an rgb connector (comming out of the bottom fan), which I think daisy chains along to the other fans (it's not really clear).
Edit: could you please post a photo of the pins on that little connector - you need to work out what type of connector it is.

Apr 3, 2021
Second picture on the second post seems to show an rgb connector (comming out of the bottom fan), which I think daisy chains along to the other fans (it's not really clear).
Edit: could you please post a photo of the pins on that little connector - you need to work out what type of connector it is.

Yeh here it is 1 out 4 fans having only 2 wire (one 4 pin molex and other 2 pin connector while rest of three fans having only 4 pin molex ) idk why if they having led strip in i nd two wires from molex going into fan and two into led still upon connection fan work but no lights View: http://imgur.com/a/wz2Z5Gz

D

Deleted member 2871437

yes you can see 3 out 4 fans having only 4 pin Molex which straight goes into power supply and upon opening one fan its having Led strip inside it (as shown in picture above)
Hi Jojo,
looking at the second picture you posted, the fan with the RGB cable going into it also has a cable connecting it to the next fan, does it not (red circles)?

SWGk1aT.jpg

D

Deleted member 2871437

Yeh here it is 1 out 4 fans having only 2 wire (one 4 pin molex and other 2 pin connector while rest of three fans having only 4 pin molex ) idk why if they having led strip in i nd two wires from molex going into fan and two into led still upon connection fan work but no lights View: http://imgur.com/a/wz2Z5Gz
Thanks, 2 pins doesn't sound promising - should be 3 or 4 pins. Can you provide a picture with more light - can't really see inside the connector.

Apr 3, 2021

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Is there a fan hub in that case anywhere?
Generally fans like that will all connect to a fan hub. Molex is 4pin but those fans do not require 5v,G,G,12v so I'm doubting they connect to the psu directly. There should be a hub somewhere they all connect to and the 2pin goes to a switch. The hub gets powered by a true molex, which powers all the fans and leds and the 2pin switch turns lighting on/off by one of the extra wires in the connection.

Apr 3, 2021
Is there a fan hub in that case anywhere?
Generally fans like that will all connect to a fan hub. Molex is 4pin but those fans do not require 5v,G,G,12v so I'm doubting they connect to the psu directly. There should be a hub somewhere they all connect to and the 2pin goes to a switch. The hub gets powered by a true molex, which powers all the fans and leds and the 2pin switch turns lighting on/off by one of the extra wires in the connection.
no there is no hub thats what i was thinking that if there is hub then fans should have small 4 pin or 6 pin header but all having 4 pin molex

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
No. Proprietary fans used in some oddball cases can have any connection from standard fan 3/4 pins to odd 5 or 6pins, molex, whatever. Fan/lighting hubs are usually on the backside of the mobo. Sometimes it's an extra cable or 3 in back or included in the case wiring, no actual hardware hub.

Apr 3, 2021
No. Proprietary fans used in some oddball cases can have any connection from standard fan 3/4 pins to odd 5 or 6pins, molex, whatever. Fan/lighting hubs are usually on the backside of the mobo. Sometimes it's an extra cable or 3 in back or included in the case wiring, no actual hardware hub.
there is no fan controller hub mate what should i do now any suggestions?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Any kind of manual that might have instructions? I'd contact the company, something just doesn't seem right about all this, and I don't believe those are actual molex pins on an argb fan, not unless they were proprietary fans with a controller hub of some sort.

Apr 3, 2021
Any kind of manual that might have instructions? I'd contact the company, something just doesn't seem right about all this, and I don't believe those are actual molex pins on an argb fan, not unless they were proprietary fans with a controller hub of some sort.
umm should i try to pull out some wires ? i saw it on youtube that guy convert 5 pin molex to 3 pin idk but he did

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
No. You should only have to maybe assemble any fan wires etc, not disassemble. The fans came with the case, there should be instructions somewhere showing where they are supposed to plug in. At the very least should be a customer support number or address where you could ask, since this is obviously a proprietary setup. Argb fans with only 1x 4pin wire? Electrically that makes zero sense, you'd need at a minimum 5 wires. 12v/g for power to fan, 5v/g/data for lighting.

Solution
Apr 3, 2021

oh ok ok ill try to contact customer support and will update you here soon