Need instructions on how to get computer to install drivers after i replaced hard drive which was corrupted. .windows 7..inspi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debbieshobby

Reputable
Nov 24, 2015
I have inspiron 7017...window 7..i just replaced hard drive..and need instructions on how to get my computer to recognize and install the drivers so i can install my programs. .including windows..my back up disc dose not work ..my drivers that came with computer dose not work...

Debbieshobby

Reputable
Nov 24, 2015
You know when installing new hard drive. ..there is nothing on computer. ..I AM looking for ....Step by Step on how to install everything. ..in the black screen area.. (forgot the name...but its where u give commands to computer of what to do...do u understand?

psoohoo

Honorable
Jul 30, 2014
You will need a copy of Windows on a DVD or USB, preferably the Dell version. You will also need a valid CDKey to activate it if you use non-Dell media.

You can try to install Windows 10 on it and it should activate with the Windows 7 CDKey, You can make the Windows 10 Bootable USB by using the Media Creation Tool at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

YOu should be able to boot to the DVD or USB drive by hitting F12 at the Dell Logo and follow the instructions.

Debbieshobby

Reputable
Nov 24, 2015
Keeps saying put 2nd disc in...i don't know what it means ..i have not installed drivers as it keeps saying wrong disc and or wrong command ....i am at a loss to commands. ..why can't things just be automatic for non tech people

psoohoo

Honorable
Jul 30, 2014
i dont know what is on the disc. If you are using recovery media then it may have created a set of discs.
The generic windows 7/8/10 dvds are just one disc. The OEM one may on a dual-layer disc (>4.7Gb) but it should still be on one.

Did you make this disc or it came with the machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.