Need last minute suggestions/reassurance for $1300 Gaming PC Build

HotSizzle

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2011
Hey everyone, I am trying to wrap up my build so I can order everything hopefully in the next few hours.

Quick overview of what I am hoping to do with this rig:

Approximate Purchase Date: Tonight

Budget Range: $1300 though I could go over if it was worth it

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, Programming

Parts Not Required: Keyboard, mouse, speakers, monitor.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg, Amazon

Country of Origin: USA

Parts Preferences: Nvidia Video Card, Intel

Overclocking: possibly though not a deal breaker

SLI or Crossfire: Yes, GTX 570 SLI

Monitor Resolution: 1900 x 1080

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is what I am planning on purchasing:

DVD Drive: ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM

Case: COOLER MASTER HAF 922 RC-922M-KKN1-GP Black Steel + Plastic and Mesh Bezel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

GPU: EVGA SuperClocked 012-P3-1572-AR GeForce GTX 570 (Fermi) 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support ..

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I52500K

MOBO: ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL

HDD: SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

SSD: Need a suggestion 120 - 128gb preferred

PSU: CORSAIR Professional Series HX850 (CMPSU-850HX) 850W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.91 80 PLUS SILVER Certified Modular Active PFC

Total: $1,080.92 leaving me with around 220 for a SSD assuming I dont need to many drastic changes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are the concerns I have:

Do I need a CPU cooler?

Will I need extra fans for my case?

For any of the above is there a better option for the same price maybe a little more? (or is anything flat out insufficient)

A good 120 - 128gb SSD suggestion.

And lastly parts wise do all the numbers match and will it allow me to add another gtx 570 without needing to buy anything else in the future.

I know this is a long post so thanks for taking the time to help me out and any and all suggestions and advice would be greatly appreciated =)

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1624/8/
Hmm... Looks good to me.
Your buddy may have a problem but it seems like that goes for any product, though the SF drivers are a bit buggy, I hear after a recent update they've been pretty solid.

The PSU is solid, that's for sure. Reviews says it's fairly good plus the backing of Enermax (though that particular unit is Sirtec) both brands make good PSUs overall.
http://www.kitguru.net/components/power-supplies/zardon/lepa-b850w-power-supply-review/all/1/
Looks like your right on the 12v but overall a solid unit.

Maybe they were unlucky? One of the reviewers said he bought 6 and they all work. Another has a pretty power hungry 560 Ti plus a 2500K and another running a server setup and all report that they're running fine.

As for the M4, where did you see that is 20% faster now? On both ends I see pretty similar bad reviews so... hard to say.