Question Need little advice on PC speakers

TheWatchingGamer

Reputable
Mar 27, 2014
Long story short I bought PC speakers that looked nice but had problems and I had to return them twice before coming to an agreement with a seller that I would get a little pricier ones since they do not do refunds (I know, crazy). And that's where I started struggling since I put more effort in research.
Now I've got 2 options: either I go with 2.1 as I planned and get Microlab FC530U (around 80 euros) or as many suggest get 2.0 bookshelf speakers. I am leaning towards bookshelf's and adding a sub-woofer later on. However, if choosing the latter option, I can't decide whether to get Microlab Solo 6c or Edifier R1700BT (they are around 100 euros).
They would be used mainly for music and movies. When it comes to music I enjoy D&B and songs with deep, smooth bass.
Therefore, I guess my question would be: Should I not bother and get the 2.1 system or should I invest in Bookshelf + Sub-woofer? And If I do decide to go bookshelf perhaps there would be better options than the ones I settled on for the same price (although options are quite limited considering I'm "store-bound")?
Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

P.S. If you are suggesting, just leave the name of the speakers. I would then try to find them if possible in the store I'm "bound" to 😁

Lutfij

Titan
I would personally suggest that you stick with the 2.1 setup you've linked since you're bound to the financially. In the interim period, listen to them and see what you think of them. If they (can and will) leave you wanting more, you can do your research and this time around look for option in your region. Speaking of region, where are you located?

On another note, buying speakers doesn't solve the issue as you need a good sound card to drive good speakers. Talk of impedance, speaker placements and then your sound stage will all affect your choice and eventual spending of speakers. FYI, if you like immersive sound, then bookshelf speakers aren't the route you should take.

TheWatchingGamer

Reputable
Mar 27, 2014
I would personally suggest that you stick with the 2.1 setup you've linked since you're bound to the financially. In the interim period, listen to them and see what you think of them. If they (can and will) leave you wanting more, you can do your research and this time around look for option in your region. Speaking of region, where are you located?

On another note, buying speakers doesn't solve the issue as you need a good sound card to drive good speakers. Talk of impedance, speaker placements and then your sound stage will all affect your choice and eventual spending of speakers. FYI, if you like immersive sound, then bookshelf speakers aren't the route you should take.
Thank you for your reply. It was quite informative. The main reason I considered Bookshelf's is that it's closer to DIY setup with all the need for amps dac and ect (wouldn't surprise me if I decided to actually make speakers myself some day) . And I have tendency to go the "less convenient" route if it's any better.
As for region I live in one of the Baltic states in Europe and can get majority of known brands if I were to look harder. The only problem with this particular situations was that they refused to give me refund and I was not about to throw 60 euros out the window...
I'll most likely take your suggestion and get the 2.1 and start diving a little bit more in the area of sounds and music.
Thanks again for your reply!