Need MOBO for PhenomII 965 + GTX 460

doje1999

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
Ok, I just got the most ridiculous deal. I picked up a PhenomII x4 965 3.4 and a GTX 460 for $280 total, woot. Anyways, I need to get a motherboard and was looking to get two options. What would be the best, cheapest mobo to pair with those two pieces? Secondly, what would be a decent SLI board that isn't overwhelmingly expensive? Thanks fellas!

doje1999

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009

Thanks for the reply. I was actually looking at that board and it looks great but if I'm going to spend that much, are there any SLI boards that have usb 3.0 and sata 6.0 to protect me even more for the future. also, i'm typically a person that likes to get new stuff every couple years so SLI might not be in the future. if i wanted a really cheap board, what's a reliable board around $60 that can be paired with those two items. thanks!

doje1999

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
I think those boards mentioned would be superb if I am going to SLI in the future. But I was just thinking, a year and a half ago I bought the HD 4770 when it came out and I thought I was going to crossfire but that didn't happen. Anyways if I don't plan on SLI, what is the best mobo I can get that's around the $60-$70 range. I can stretch the budget if its a mobo that is really a big bang for the buck. I feel I already got the most important pieces in the cpu and gpu so I'm not too anxious on splurging for the mobo. Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS