need more power ?

iceman122

Commendable
Mar 4, 2016
I am running a ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 (16GB Mermory) - ( Windows 7 ) and I want to use my GTX550 but my system shut's down after a min or so , do I need more power ? I now have 500 W

Solution

I've found pcpartpicker and all wattage calculators to be inaccurate. They only take into consideration moderate load very often and ignore stress tests, or they take into consideration far too high of a load. It's best to just know off the top of your head, after a while it becomes second nature ;)

Plus, then you have to deal with the fact that choosing a PSU should be based not on rated wattage, and the calculators only support rated wattage judgement more.

SPAWN of II

Reputable
Feb 17, 2016

Put it in PC part picker and see.. http://pcpartpicker.com/

I've found pcpartpicker and all wattage calculators to be inaccurate. They only take into consideration moderate load very often and ignore stress tests, or they take into consideration far too high of a load. It's best to just know off the top of your head, after a while it becomes second nature ;)

Plus, then you have to deal with the fact that choosing a PSU should be based not on rated wattage, and the calculators only support rated wattage judgement more.

Solution

SPAWN of II

Reputable
Feb 17, 2016

Good to know, thanks.