Need New GPU

arbiagtan

Prominent
Aug 18, 2017
Hello guys,

I need to replace my GPU (GTX 560) with new GPU, is GTX 1050 Gigabyte is okay and compatible with my build?.

Reason: My PC freeze and shows pixelate image then restart. (Maybe this is cause by my old GPU) or PSU?

CPU: AMD FX 8320 8 core
MoBo: M5a97 pro
RAM: 8GB
PSU: FSP 450w

Solution

it's hard to say. I've had a few dead cards in my time, and when the display starts putting out weird textures, or colouration or artifacts then I'd think it was the GPU.

as Subaru has said, maybe it could be the PSU. But with that said (and i've had one or two dead PSU's too in my time) a PSU on the way out always gave me crashes as opposed to on screen glitches.

But, I guess if the PSU isn't providing enough juice, then maybe the GPU would continue working and still have those...

arbiagtan

Prominent
Aug 18, 2017
Thanks, maybe my old GPU knackering and gives my PC some freezing and pixelate. However, when i read some reviews, they said that PSU are also the problem. Is it enough to also replace my GPU? or my old GPU causing the main problem?.. thanks :)

it's hard to say. I've had a few dead cards in my time, and when the display starts putting out weird textures, or colouration or artifacts then I'd think it was the GPU.

as Subaru has said, maybe it could be the PSU. But with that said (and i've had one or two dead PSU's too in my time) a PSU on the way out always gave me crashes as opposed to on screen glitches.

But, I guess if the PSU isn't providing enough juice, then maybe the GPU would continue working and still have those artifacts.

To me though, it's the GPU.

Solution