Question Need new High Frequency Transformer? Asus Monitor

Dan83111

Commendable
Mar 20, 2020
Hi,
I think I need a new transformer for the power board in my Asus VE276 LCD monitor. It looks like something is wrong with it to me, all the caps are fine. Basically it turns on but after it has been receiving a signal for a while it dies and wont turn on again unless you completely unplug it for a fair while and then replug it in. I had a PSU die in my PC and blow sparks out of it and the screen went bad from then.
My question is do you think I need to replace the transformer on the power board and if i do how do i source one? Can i buy a similar one that will do the job fine?
plQuZVEgj
pnLT70uIj

The transformer is very unlikely to be the source of the problem, those are very sturdy components. Capacitors and power transistors however, is way more fragile and tend to be the faulty components.

A warning: be aware that some of the capacitors still holds mains voltage and you may get shocked if improperly touching it.

Dan83111

Commendable
Mar 20, 2020
ok fair enough and the burn is from a different area on the board it turns out, from a totally different transformer actually.
Is there any way I can easily work out what the problem is and fix it?

TRENDING THREADS