Question Need New Mobo & CPU recommendation (former Asus X79-DELUXE user)

msllc

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2013
Hi,

I am looking to build a new system (Budget $2,000) and need recommendations.

My current build:

Intel i7-4930K cpu
Asus X79-Deluxe
Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB DDR3 -2133
Samsung 850 EVO SSD
Nvidia GTX 1080ti
Corsair AX1200i p/s
Corsair H100i CPU Water Cooler
Blu-ray Burner
Corsair Obsidian 650d case (love this case as it gives me Four 5.25" slots in the front bezel for 2 Hard Drives, Media Card Reader, Blu-ray Burner, along with an awesome/convenient Hard Drive dock on the top. I have a ton of SATA Hard Drives I constantly use and swap out.

I am a power user, using the computer mostly for work, always multitasking with a ton of Windows open for Web Surfing, Web design, Photoshop, Quickbooks, etc.) I also casually game and perhaps want to try the latest/greatest VR headset soon.

I love my current build, but given Windows 11 does not support my ASUS X79-Deluxe mobo or Intel chip, I am looking to upgrade. I suppose for now, I could salvage the 1080ti, Corsair power supply & CPU cooler, along with all my 10TB+ SATA hard drives for my new build (to keep costs down).

So Mobo, CPU, RAM, SSD Drive, and perhaps Case for starters. I do like ASUS and Corsair, but not beholden to them if there is a better gear out there. A MOBO that allows for Wake-On LAN is critical (in case I need to power on my computer remotely).

Any recommendations that would give me the best bang for the buck would be greatly appreciated. Thank you and Happy Holidays!

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS