Question Need new router!

Hey everyone,
I am in need of a new router. The one supplied by my ISP has had a declining WiFi range over the last couple of months and currently has a "magnificent" range of 5 meters at best.
I am with iinet (australian provider) and have an FTTP connection. I do live in a 2 story, medium size home with the NBN connection being located in the garage.

What I am after is something with decent WiFi range, not really fussed about extra features such as built in VPNs or other gimmicks, around the range of ~$250AUD.

Thanks in advance everyone!

kanewolf

Titan
Do you have any ethernet cable infrastructure available? Multiple WIFI sources connected by ethernet is always better.
A router that can "blast" as signal to a handheld doesn't help if the power saving radio in the handheld can't send back.
Multiple WIFI sources allows the connection back to be efficient also.

Do you have any ethernet cable infrastructure available? Multiple WIFI sources connected by ethernet is always better.
A router that can "blast" as signal to a handheld doesn't help if the power saving radio in the handheld can't send back.
Multiple WIFI sources allows the connection back to be efficient also.

I do have some sort of Ethernet wiring around the house although most of the ports are placed in inconvenient locations. I guess I can always try and move things around if needed.

The issues I'm having have become more prominent the last couple of months where as it was a non issue for a year and a half. The issues aren't limited to just mobile devices but TVs and laptops as well.

I tried the usual troubleshooting such as power cycling, changing channels to no real success.

Even if those ports aren't ideal, they will help quite a bit as putting a few access points in the house connected to the current router will probably solve the issue. Worse case, you can even go for one of those mesh deals since your budget will allow it.