Question Need New Wireless Card for Lenovo Laptop

tyguitaxe001

Reputable
Dec 25, 2014
Hello everyone. My wife has a Lenovo Ideapad Z410 and it works fine except the wireless card is utter garbage. It randomly disconnects until she restarts it and even when it is connected, it's slow as molasses. I was thinking of upgrading the wireless card for her, but heard you have to use a whitelisted card because Lenovo. Does anyone know where I can find said whitelist? I've tried googling but can't seem to find anything. Also, any suggestions for a solid card that doesn't cost too much?

tyguitaxe001

Reputable
Dec 25, 2014
Which model does the laptop came with?
You could try one of the Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC with Bluetooth like the 7260 model.
It came with "Liteon WB225 1x1BGN+BT4.0 HMC wlan" according to Lenovo. I don't think it's compatible with the Intel AC card as you suggested, but maybe I'm misunderstanding something?

tyguitaxe001

Reputable
Dec 25, 2014
Why do you think is not compatible with Intel AC cards?
There are many Intel AC cards and that one I suggested (Intel 7260 Mini PCIe), is the same type as the one on your laptop.
The only reason is simply because I understand Lenovo requires a whitelisted card and the only semblance of a whitelist was the list on their website which I screencapped for an earlier post. The only Intel card on that list is "Intel 135 BGN+BT M PCIE HMC Wlan"

If I'm misunderstanding how to read this list, by all means help me understand this better please.