Need of psu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution

Nobody knows for sure till its out but I guarantee it won't be more than a 1060 and that system you posted if it had a 1060 would come nowhere near maxing out a 450w PSU of good quality like the one I posted. With a 1060 it would likely max around 300 maybe touch 350 in the most demanding situation.
Under $40? I think we should raise your budget.

Models in that price range usually do not include proper safety features and/or will develop voltage instabilities over time, especially if you use more than 80% of their wattage capacity for extended periods of time.

Please list all of the hardware that you are trying to power.

25% of reviews on Newegg for that model are under three stars.

I'm not trying to tell you that you're wrong, but don't you think the OP would want something of higher customer rating?

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

Its in a strange place. The TS series is made by Seasonic. However the XT series is made by a company called Hydance which uses a Seasonic design and builds PSUs under license to that design. That said they are far lower quality.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

4 out of 17 reviews, people are morons. And read the reviews, the guy is complaining about price. Newegg reviews are a waste of time, same with Amazon reviews. the only thing they are worth is trying to find the same problem consistently which is either a design flaw, or people are idiots, depending on the problem.

The CX450M has proven so far to be a decent PSU, with Japanese caps. In this price range its the best deal.

I agree with what Rogue Leader has been telling you. The older Corsair "CX" line is not that good, but the new ones, such as the one he has provided, are built with better components.
Negative customer reviews are sometimes not related to the product itself (they really should be edited out), but to price, shipping, or customer idiocy. They're only good when they are thorough and consistent, which is rarely the case.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

I would argue and say it punches above its weight at the price its at. Its a perfectly good 450w PSU and the whole moderation team has been recommending it for budget builds. Its not a low price compromise like an EVGA 500B.

I guess I'll do some research on the differences between the older and newer versions. But I appreciate a third pair of eyes that's knowledgeable on the situation who gives useful information without calling one of out and telling us we're wrong.

In light of this new-to-me information, I must agree with Rogue Leader. His recommendation is probably a solid unit for the price.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

Nobody knows for sure till its out but I guarantee it won't be more than a 1060 and that system you posted if it had a 1060 would come nowhere near maxing out a 450w PSU of good quality like the one I posted. With a 1060 it would likely max around 300 maybe touch 350 in the most demanding situation.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS