• Hey there, Guest! Share your idea for a new trophy in the forums and win bragging rights and a $100 Amazon gift card! Check out the New Community Trophy Contest here!
  • Pardon our dust as we work on some regularly scheduled forum maintenance. You may notice some missing features during this time. Thank you for your patience!

Need older ATI driver

jage

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
OK, according to an old document on a ati.com subdomain I need ATI's Proprietary Linux driver version 8.14.13 (IIRC) to work with my Radeon Mobility x600.

The only reference I can find to a linux driver is to ati-driver-installer-8.16.20-i386.run which in every instance is "I have this on my desktop and..."

What I need is to get the OLD ATI drivers. I know they were downloadable from ati.com, but every other ati.com page I can find redirects to amd.com. amd.com gives me dropdowns which lead to a message that the OEM is responsible for my laptop. Going to HPs site gives ONLY Windows XP drivers as this is an older laptop and card.

So I know the drivers were downloaded a lot, I know the files are out there but AMD points to the manufacturer, the manufacturer doesn't recognize linux and I cannot find an alternative download source... wishing they'd just left the drivers on ATI with a disclamer, or provide the driver with a disclaimer has got me nowhere- so... where can I get a copy of ati-driver-installer-8.*.*-i386.run files OR the drivers themselves (or both if I need them).

jage

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
DogSnake that was exactly what I was looking for but unfortunately it failed anyway. (Radeon Mobility x600 under linux mint 11).

I also tried the current linux AMD drivers, despite my card not being supported- for the record, not only did that not work but it messed up the native drivers enough I have to go figure out how to restore them, or uninstall the .run...

Thanks anyway!